Training w weaker posterior chain one side- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Training w weaker posterior chain one side

Greetings everyone, need a little help here. Since I began biking regularly about four years ago Iíve been slowly trying to strengthen my left posterior chain. I had/have some hip dysfunction on left side due to some inhibited glutes and hip flexors. This caused it band tightness, hip tightness, lateral knee pain, and tight weak hip flexors.

I unclipped one leg at a time this morning on the trainer and while pedaling with the left leg it was definitely lacking compared to pedaling just with the right leg.
    I have been doing strength training three days a week throughout the winter in hopes to get this alleviated by spring so I could focus more on the biking aspect. I am stronger I just feel like Iíve hit a plateau and I need some tips from those who have maybe already gone through this.

My strength sessions have included walking bent over lunges, split squats sumo squats,Deadlifts standing leg raises for psoas And hip flexors, Single leg Romanian deadlifts, lots of single leg balance work, and some core work. Also, when o get overly tight in an area I get dry needled by my PT.

At this point I feel like my strength is mostly there, but the problem now may be more nervous system related, and that I need to perhaps do some more prep work to get the glutes and psoas firing faster before climbing on bike.

Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go to Dirtproject.org to help advocate for MTB awareness and trail expansion in IL and the Midwest #thinkoutsidetheroad.

mtbr member
    Argh, this was supposed to go into fifty year old forum, let me see if I can switch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go to Dirtproject.org to help advocate for MTB awareness and trail expansion in IL and the Midwest #thinkoutsidetheroad.

mtbr member
    moderator please delete this- I copied to fifty plus forum. Sorry and thanks