Trade Jabberwocky for Dos Niner???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trade Jabberwocky for Dos Niner???

I've been trying to find a medium Dos Niner for a while now without much luck. Anyone out there interested in trading their medium Dos Niner frame for my Vassago Jabberwocky? Must be in good shape!

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Why dont you like the jabber?

mtbr member
    It's not that I don't like the Jabber. I like it a lot but I've always regretted selling my Dos. The Dos just sort of suits my riding better I guess.

Low Rep Count
    I don't mean to jack your thread but I have a couple of questions about you Jabber.

1. How tall are you?
    2. What is your inseam measurement?
    3. What size is your Jabber frame?
    4. How many bottle mounts are there? Looks like one.
    5. Did it come with the/a seat clamp?

Sorry, but I just ordered one last weekend and am just curious about some of these things. I am sort of between sizes as I currently ride a 17" frame but opted for the 16" from them rather than end up with a frame that is a little too large for me. I am hoping that it will have gray decals but I am thinking they are going to be white. Ok, so if any of you guys read this, I have let the cat out of the bag and will be building up a new bike in the next week or so (well transfering parts over anyway).

mtbr member
    Just asking what did you expect from the fully rigid Wocky that would be enough to sell away your Dos Niner?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post
    I don't mean to jack your thread but I have a couple of questions about you Jabber.

1. How tall are you?
    2. What is your inseam measurement?
    3. What size is your Jabber frame?
    4. How many bottle mounts are there? Looks like one.
    5. Did it come with the/a seat clamp?

Sorry, but I just ordered one last weekend and am just curious about some of these things. I am sort of between sizes as I currently ride a 17" frame but opted for the 16" from them rather than end up with a frame that is a little too large for me. I am hoping that it will have gray decals but I am thinking they are going to be white. Ok, so if any of you guys read this, I have let the cat out of the bag and will be building up a new bike in the next week or so (well transfering parts over anyway).
    Judging by the pic (angle between top tube and seat stays), it looks like a small to me.

Low Rep Count
    I was thinking the same thing. That being said, it doesn't look like there are two bottle mounts on there as I'm sure there just isn't enough room. That sorta sucks as I prefer to ride with bottles rather than the hydro pack (which I happen to have two of). Guess I will just have to use the pack for the longer rides or carry an extra btl in my jersey or something.

jct
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. That being said, it doesn't look like there are two bottle mounts on there as I'm sure there just isn't enough room. That sorta sucks as I prefer to ride with bottles rather than the hydro pack (which I happen to have two of). Guess I will just have to use the pack for the longer rides or carry an extra btl in my jersey or something.
    definitely 1 set of bottle mounts.

enjoy your jabber!

mtbr member
    @thegen2, didn't sell the Dos for the Jabber. I sold it for a Pivot Mach 4. Regretted that pretty much immediately after hitting the trail. I had forgotten how much 26" wheels suck in comparison.

@1spd, that's a "small" Jabber with a 90mm stem. Im about 5'8" with a 29-30" inseam. I pay no attention to standover measurements. If the ETT is to my liking then thats all that matters to me. The ETT is 23.6" I think so it's pretty much a medium by most manufacturers standards. It does only come with 1 bottle mount, however there is plenty of room for 2. I wrapped the seat tube with rubberized tape and zip tied a 2nd cage to it. Works great with plenty of space. The frame does not come with a seat clamp.

Apr 2007
    FWIW, my Jabber came with a "Vassago" seat clamp.

Low Rep Count
    HucknRoll said it did, another owner said it didn't, you say yours did...I went ahead and bought one so if it is included I will then have a red one and a black one. Either way I should be ok at this point. Gonna be another delay in building though as I am going to send my crank back out to get it recoated by Crazy8 but in flat black.

Apr 2007
    I believe that is the result of a company that is still not all together. I know some even reported not receiving tensioners and other hardware bits.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I bought mine from hucknroll and received both a seat clamp and tensionsers. In fact one of the tensionsers I received was missing a bolt and hucknroll sent me 2 more tensionsers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have a lightly used med dos that I could sell. Great condition and well set up. Interested?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecd7175 View Post
    I have a lightly used med dos that I could sell. Great condition and well set up. Interested?
    Possibly interested in the frame? Have any photos? If so, could you email them to me @ maxxb31@yahoo.com? Thx