Tour de France???- Mtbr.com
    Low Rep Count

Tour de France???

I know we are a mtb forum, but curious if anyone is watching this? Lots of good crashes yesterday and the will be hitting the cobble stones today so there should be some more!

mtbr member
    There should be a stage of just single speed - either a climbing stage all on SS, or a dirt stage. That would show who's got the strength - and whiners will complain.

Low Rep Count
    No, someone will just put a motor in their frame and cruise through it! I swear they are such cheaters!

don't try this at home
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    There should be a stage of just single speed - either a climbing stage all on SS, or a dirt stage. That would show who's got the strength - and whiners will complain.
    so a pre-1937 style race! that would be fun to watch.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    Isn't that Fabian that was accused of the motor?
    They checked his bike before the first stage and he said look at my legs too because thats the only motor..
    You guys see the crash when the dog ran out infront? That was pretty wild.

smell the saddle...
    Man, I am just hearing about this ongoing motor issue in the Tour. If someone has a video and/or article that shows pics of these contraptions - I'd be curious to see them.

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by stumonky
    Man, I am just hearing about this ongoing motor issue in the Tour. If someone has a video and/or article that shows pics of these contraptions - I'd be curious to see them.
    Ask and you shall receive. I put this thread up a couple days ago:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=624986

here is a link to a vid and the article. Be sure to watch the video.
    http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/64147,...tour-de-france

"I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

What could go wrong ...
    here is a video
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

PSYCHOLUST
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    so a pre-1937 style race! that would be fun to watch.

The good old days, with single speeds, wine, riders who smoke and sawing through a competitors chainstay while he's asleep..... simpler times

Did I catch a niner+?
    Yea I've watched a lot of road races on VS. I just wish they would start showing more UCI races, I can only hope MTB takes off on the TV scene. I would love to see SSWC New Zealand on VS.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

blame me for missed rides
    if i want to watch needles competing each other i'd rather go to a hospital.

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    The 'bike doping' claims may sound ridiculous, but they are gathering pace and earlier this week Swiss rider Fabian Cancellara - nicknamed Spartacus - was forced to deny rumours that he won Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders this year while riding an electric bike.
    from the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I'll reassemble both my SS machines and be able to look myself in the mirror with respect once again. (I've been a SSer masquerading as a gearie for the past 5 or 6 months.)

--Sparty

Sparty, were you riding geared because you're training (and cheating) for the Tour de France?!?

Last edited by alexrex20; 07-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.

smell the saddle...
    Quote Originally Posted by scyule
    The good old days, with single speeds, wine, riders who smoke and sawing through a competitors chainstay while he's asleep..... simpler times

Assumingly with as much interest as is in ss'ing it would be interesting to have some race in tribute to the orginal days. I love the tour but the machines they are riding are pretty incredible. Would give much more props to the mtn stages to the ones that battle it on one gear.

Suffering Mightily
    Awesome stage today on the cobblestones!
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    You forgot riding in loafers...

Low Rep Count
    It was a good stage again yesterday. I think Contador did really well for never actually racing on cobbles before. I still dislike the guy though. Not that I am jealous or anything but he really did screw the team tactics last year. The team had a shot at going 1-2-3 and he decided to go out and do his own thing. When that happened, I think the team should have simply no longer helped him. But it is what it is. I simply would like to knock him one in his teeth for that! In any case, Lance lost some time. Fabian simply took off on the cobbles but what can you expect since he has been dominating that race for a while and Andy grew up riding on that crap. Hopefully lance and the gang can make up some time along the way. It hink it will be tuff though.

As for the motor. I will state again, that having raced for years, I am questioning Fabian's ability to put a gap that big on the group while sitting down. You could see at the beginning of the clip he stood up and was darn near sprinting and made up a few places. Then he sits down, and simply blows past them. Perhaps, he was setting the speed of the motor, then sat down, shifted gears, hit the go button and boom! Just all looks a little suspicious to me. None the less, I want one!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrex20
    from the other thread

Sparty, were you riding geared because you're training (and cheating) for the Tour de France?!?

Just now saw this... I am innocent... the rumors are nothing more than that -- rumors... you can't prove anything... lies, I tell you, lies!

P.S. I wants me one o' them motorbikes.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Contador, I think would be a Good SS as he is always up out of the saddle all the time in the mountains.

I'm just messing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD
    I simply would like to knock him one in his teeth for that!
    Really? Taking the race kinda seriously are you?
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Suffering Mightily
    What about Big George Hincapie on a singlespeed? I actually wonder how many of these guys even ride MTB, much less singlespeed. I know Lance has and, of course, Cadel Evans. On another note, there was a cool YouTube video going around of Lance riding a fixie around the streets of Austin.
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

smell the saddle...
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Really? Taking the race kinda seriously are you?
    Bob, I am pretty sure he was joking. Anyhow, the comradery carrying over to different teams is good for the sport. If everyone got along it wouldn't be very interesting.

Did I catch a niner+?
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNCPEzdZs5s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNCPEzdZs5s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

Low Rep Count
    That actually looks like it was a good time! Dude was doing power slides/braking with one hand and a mini keg in the other!

smell the saddle...
    "My stomach is full of anger and I want to take my revenge in the next days." – Andy Schleck

So what were your thoughts on Stage 15? Fair or not I don’t think it made much difference. If the situation had been reversed, I’m not convinced Andy wouldn’t have taken advantage also. However, I have 2 issues with Contador – 1) is it just me or does he speak English? I think I recall another interview where he spoke a little broken English – reason I bring it up is how he spoke to the reporters on his post-race interview under a translator and that’s the first time I recall this happening this year. A cover, perhaps? 2) The final straw was when he pleaded ignorance to not knowing Andy had a mechanical, this is a flat out lie. He obviously new it, heck he had to turn the bike hard to get around when Schleck was looking down to figure what was wrong with his bike. Furthermore, I think the photo in this article shows from Contador’s position back he clearly sees his rival in trouble: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...r-andy-schleck

Of course, it’s the Tour a sh!t happens. However, I can certainly appreciate the majority of boos when he took the podium for yellow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    <Youtube>
    I don't understand:

- The lack of helmets.
    - The narrow bars.

Also, why was Lance riding with them?

Low Rep Count
    I think the lack of helmets is a traditional roadie thing. I know I fought wearing one for years. But where I started riding seriously (Colorado Springs, CO) back in the early 90's, bicyclist sort of ruled the roads. Everyone was aware of us out there and gave lots of space. I think my attitude about helmets also developed because when I went in the Army, my boss used to make me wear one all the time. In fact, when he first started insisting that I wear it, I was hit two different times while wearing it yet not a single time when I did not. It was tuff to get used to in the begininning. The pros really fought it for a while as well.

Not sure on the whole reason they linked up with Lance but I do think it was cool that he went out riding with them!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I think the lack of helmets is a traditional roadie thing...pros really fought it for a while as well.
    Ok, that explained the helmets, what about the bars?

Low Rep Count
    As for the Tour, I have not seen yesterdays stage yet and will be watching it today when I get home. I highly dislike Contedork! He is only out for himself and does not seem to have a sense of what TEAM really means. Last year, they had the chance to sweep the podium but instead he took off on his own which resulted in (can't remember his name right now) one of his team mates loosing a fair amount of time and knocked off the podium. He did the same thing to Vinny the other day and attacked while he was set to win the stage. Instead, he dragged other riders with him which resulted in Vinny not winning. He had no reason to attack. The 10 seconds gained was not needed as he can probably pull that back in the TT. Just stupid.

I remember when Lance went off roading due to the crash in front of him. Tyler Hamilton held up the peleton to make sure he caught up. Gone are those days imo. We are now dealing with a selfish individual that will try to win no matter what it takes. Ethics are out the window. Don't get me wrong, it is a race and one should try to win. But winning at the misfortune of someone else doesn't prove that you are the better rider. It only proves that you took advantage of someone else when they were down.

I really do wish that Frank Schleck was still in it. Astana could not handle the "Dynamic Duo".

My question at this point is what is Lance doing? Is he hurt pretty bad at this point? I mean, if you lost all this time and you stated that you guys were going to work for Levi, then how come that is not happening? How come no one is helping to pace him up the climbs? If they cant do it for him, then how the hell were they going to be there for Lance? Part of me thinks that this whole Radio Schack thing was a scam. A chance to make everyone some money by using Lance as the front man. He has not produced anything at this point. The other riders are not up there pacing Levi and Lance has yet to lift a finger to help Levi from what I have seen. You would think that while your chances are gone that Lance himself would get up there and drive Levi on. But instead, Lance simply drifts off the back of the pack.

I am not a Lance hater by any means. But I don't see him doing anything he said he or the team were going to do at this point. I mean, if you aren't really going to get up there and be the "Super Domestique" what is the point of just cruising through the stages? Just pack up and go home! If I was Levi I think I would have expressed verbally by now and demonstrated my dissatisfaction with the situation and really jumped in the team A$$ about it all. But we are not seeing any of that. It just seems like RS is simply going through the motions at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic
    - The lack of helmets.
    No brains, no problems
    - The narrow bars.
    See above
    Also, why was Lance riding with them?
    So they'd get hits on the youtube video
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Low Rep Count
    Can't explain that. I know that messangers tend to run narrow bars simply because of traffic. I think that some of the guys have simply gone to the extreme. Traditionally track bars are narrower anyway and made of steel because of all the force being put on them during sprints.

smell the saddle...
    On bars - Principally messengers run narrow bars to fit between cars. These kids run narrow bars because they are the new ‘fad’. Bike Snob NYC has highlighted some extreme bars like ‘nubs barley protruding the stem’ – or even this thing from yesterday’s post: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wb8bAl1P-N...0/no+bars.jpeg

1SPD - As for LA and Team Radioshack, it’s a mystery why no one is up front supporting Levi and he has been pretty honest on his post-stage interviews that he can’t keep up with the attacks. I’m not worried so much about LA anymore, I think he is set on cruise control for the remainder of the Tour. The Versus commentators keep talking about a stage win, I just don’t see it. We know from last year, Contador is a better climber than LA is (at least at current, maybe not in years past). I think the only reason they keep talking about him is they know their ratings have a lot to do with people tuning into watch him. They can take off that Radioshack jersey postion on the status bar, I can careless where he’s at now.

Despite all the team support, they had a nice team interview on yesterday’s stage. Team Radioshack is one of two teams in the lead for teams. They have focused on that to an extent. As far as a whole, I think there is more power on Astana and Saxo Bank and that’s why we see them more in the front setting the pace.

Low Rep Count
    Oh there is no doubt that there is more power on the other two teams.

LA is definitely out of it and I could care less where he is as well. Especially since he is not up front helping his team mate. Just BS IMO. I mean, because you can't win, now you aren't going to do anything to help your fellow team mate. This is what I am struggling with. You see LA drop off the back and he still has another team mate riding w/ him. Why? He is has no chance of winning. Why not send that domestique up to the front to do what they can to help the guy that has the chance? I just don't get it.

For me, this is the main reason I am struggling with the whole LA thing. He too seems to be about himself at this point.

I agree, I don't see Lance going for any sort of stage win other than maybe trying to blow the doors off the TT. Maybe trying to go out with a bang it you will. Right now, it seems like he has already slipped out the back door and is doing nothing but taking up a good line on a decent to me. I think that if I was in Levi's situtaiton, I would prefer to know that he was gone than to think that maybe, just maybe he will come and help me out today. Poor guy!

I saw his interview the other day where he stated that he could not keep up with the attacks. But he certainly did not have much encouragement from his team mates along side of him either. He has had to use other teams to keep himself in the race and I think that is just sad.

Low Rep Count
    Quote for Contador to think about.

“If I would have won this race by taking advantage of someone's bad luck, then the race was not worth winning,” Ullrich said after the stage.

This came two years after LA slowed to let Ullrich catch up after a crash. This comment was made after Ullrich slowed the pace after LA got tangled up w/ a bag from a fan along the route. The good ol' days I tell ya!

mtbr member
    Landis is still the biggest doosh

mtbr member
    There's no way Contador didn't know what happened to Schleck as he stated in his post stage interview, he was coming up on him and had to swerve around him as Schleck examined his chain....

I thought Contador spoke broken english also, contrary to how it seemed yesterday. I mean, what did he even say anyway, the interpreter didn't even talk after his comments....

Also, looks like Levi is on his own out there to me too....

Occasionally engaged…
    It bothers me that a self-induced mechanical -- i.e., Andy Schleck's mis-shift -- isn't considered a mistake akin to bonking or not paying attention when an attack is made. Why don't they just do ergometer tests and decide who has the biggest engine and call it good? Yeah, getting tangled up with a spectator, getting taken down by a bone-headed move by another rider -- those are good reasons to hold up. Ullrich's riding off the road on the descent a few TDFs ago was due to his own miscalculation and I would not have had a problem with Armstrong taking advantage of it. So I don't have a problem with Contador not "stopping" -- heck he could have really hammered it (and he didn't) and I would have been fine with it. I thought one of the greatest "innovations" in mtb racing was the "self-sufficiency" rule -- fix your own bike -- which makes having a bike that doesn't break (or mis-shift) a good idea. It's too bad (IMHO) that rule is now gone at the highest level of mtb racing...
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

(was) Big in Japan

YES! ..and another thing...

Quote Originally Posted by PeT
    It bothers me that a self-induced mechanical -- i.e., Andy Schleck's mis-shift -- isn't considered a mistake akin to bonking or not paying attention when an attack is made. ... Yeah, getting tangled up with a spectator, getting taken down by a bone-headed move by another rider -- those are good reasons to hold up. ...
    Hear hear!

I'm a nooB to road riding and the TdF, but I was thinking the same thing. I see a huge difference between a fall or crash due to outside circumstances and a mechanical that 'could' have been induced by a rider error.

If Andy had flatted should/would Contador have waited? What's the difference?

It's a BIKE race. To me that means the bike is part of the equation and if it fails then tough luck.

As for those calling for Contador to speak English, how many of you speak or have learnt a second (or third) language? Ever try to explain something in that language? Ever try to explain something that your reputation, lots of money and your future prospects are riding on? Ever done that at the end of a stage of the TdF two weeks in?

Thought not.
    Ride.

mtbr member
    “If you draw your sword and then drop it, you die.” - Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin)

mtbr member

smell the saddle...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSingleGuy
    Hear hear!

I'm a nooB to road riding and the TdF, but I was thinking the same thing. I see a huge difference between a fall or crash due to outside circumstances and a mechanical that 'could' have been induced by a rider error.

If Andy had flatted should/would Contador have waited? What's the difference?

It's a BIKE race. To me that means the bike is part of the equation and if it fails then tough luck.

As for those calling for Contador to speak English, how many of you speak or have learnt a second (or third) language? Ever try to explain something in that language? Ever try to explain something that your reputation, lots of money and your future prospects are riding on? Ever done that at the end of a stage of the TdF two weeks in?

Thought not.
    I took two years of Spanish in high school and a few semesters in college (not because I had to, because I wanted to). I think you would be surprised statistically how many people know the basics of a second language, many colleges require 1 or 2 semesters as part of the general requirements presently.

On that point, if I was a professional cyclist I would make it my personal business to know several languages. The cycling circuit is very diverse and communications is of utmost importance. I hear plenty of bad/broken English (Schleck’s is not so good) but they don’t need translators either. The fact of the matter is, Contador doesn’t need a translator, he understands English as we’ve seen in his interviews before. The translator was there as a diversion, a cop-out.

Irrelevant to the point of mechanical mishap, wait for this or that, I agree it is race. Consequently, we’ll never know if the situation would have been reversed I’m not so sure Andy would have waited for him either. None of this matters much. As LA also said in his pre-race interview yesterday, Contador obviously saw Schleck in trouble and took advantage of the situation. Later in his “No Eng-less” disguise blatantly LIED that he didn’t see what happened to Schleck. As I said from his position, he clearly saw and I’m sure they were screaming it in his ear-piece radio also. Later that evening, he published the video apology. Cop-out #2. So I agree with LA, admit you took advantage of the situation and you have nothing to be sorry about.

(was) Big in Japan
    I took two years of Spanish in ..... published the video apology. Cop-out #2. So I agree with LA, admit you took advantage of the situation and you have nothing to be sorry about.
    Fairy nuff, all o' that. I hadn't seen AC interviewed on English so have/had no idea how good/bad his English is, but I still don't blame him for relying on a pro(interpreter) to convey his message, if that is the reason he did it. If it was to dodge bullets/cop out then it's another case of poor form.

I've lived in Japan for almost ten years now, and I can do pretty well in Japanese in most situations, but if I found myself in that situation, I'm sure a lot of it would desert me, especially after a ride like that!

The backflip doesn't do much for his credibility, does it? Oh well, it all made for interesting news/discussions.

By the way, he spoke to AS personally and apologised, I wonder what language he used?
    Ride.

smell the saddle...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSingleGuy
    Fairy nuff, all o' that. I hadn't seen AC interviewed on English so have/had no idea how good/bad his English is, but I still don't blame him for relying on a pro(interpreter) to convey his message, if that is the reason he did it. If it was to dodge bullets/cop out then it's another case of poor form.

I've lived in Japan for almost ten years now, and I can do pretty well in Japanese in most situations, but if I found myself in that situation, I'm sure a lot of it would desert me, especially after a ride like that!

The backflip doesn't do much for his credibility, does it? Oh well, it all made for interesting news/discussions.

By the way, he spoke to AS personally and apologised, I wonder what language he used?
    The heated debate come to limelight on the Versus pre-race show yesterday. Liggett was pretty blunt in his analysis. After witnessing the befriending between AC and AS on stage 16 I think it’s mostly behind them. If AC does as good as expected in the TT none of this discussion may matter much anyhow. I agree, if nothing else AC may have further damaged his already ‘fragile’ creditability. Regardless, let’s credit the drama for worthwhile criticism of the race at hand (how boring it would be if there was no drama at all?)

Japanese is certainly not as easy to learn as Spanish, so credit to you for mastering it. BTW (off topic), I practice Soto Zen Buddhism under the Kodo Sawaki and Taisen Deshimaru lineage. I assume from your avatar you may practice as well.

mtbr member
    Tomorrow will be a culmination of not the race itself, but going to a friend's house who's Tevo'ing the race so we can see it at 7PM. Wings and beer - and TDF.

What else should I bring. I am bringing beer, he got wings and its 5 of us. Chips and salsa? a clown? a yabuzabababa or whatever the world cup soccer trumpets are called?

What else should I bring.
    Don't let anyone in that isn't dressed up in a full pro-replica kit, with shaved legs, and wearing roadie shoes.

smell the saddle...
    What else should I bring.
    Wear a bicycle chain around your neck. Just incase someone drops one.

mtbr member
    Wear a bicycle chain around your neck. Just incase someone drops one.
    hmmm... gangsta style

should I bring some meatballs in a burlap bag?

(was) Big in Japan
    Japanese is ... I assume from your avatar you may practice as well.
    Lol, no, I may have wasted an opportunity, but the only thing I've practised since coming here is bicycle obsession. Years of DH racing, XC riding, touring, trail building, a bit of work in the industry, and lots of beer. Been a great experience...

That little dude is a jizo-san, a spirit that takes care of the spirits of babies lost before birth.

Let's face it, MUCH better to have 'chaingate' to talk about than doping scandals!

btw, gawd bless Al Gore and his internet that we can watch this beautiful race almost live.
    Ride.

Low Rep Count
    Well, after watching the replays many times, I still can't say whether AS jammed it up on himself or what. The bottom line to me is that it looks like it jammed up on the rear causing it to bind and then pop off the front once the rear wheel went airborne and then bouncing back on the ground.

I'm not going to lie, I simply don't like AC. So this was as good as any reason to be more upset with him. I'm not denying the mans ability mind you. He is a great rider and very strong this year. If he wins then he deserves to. But attacking your rival when he is in a spot of bad luck does not prove that you are better than he is. That is all that I am getting at. I fully realize that it is a race. Having raced for many years myself, I have been dropped and even had to drop out of races because of a mechanical. It sucks. In most cases, I was doing well and strength or my fitness was not a question. Just a bike failure, puncture, or caught up in a crash due to some other idiot not paying attention. So be it. Let the race continue! Only in HD today since I finally got Fios connected at the house!!!!

On a side note, If anyone was really listening during the prerace on Tue, Phil and Paul seemed to really disagree. Paul made a statement to Phil, that he (Phil) had never riddent in the Tour and that he didn't expect him to understand or something like that. Phil responded with I was in the Tour, the Tour or Ireland (I think he said Ireland) and Paul was like, oh, right (sarcastic as to almost belittle that particular race) quite funny. My wife and I were both laughing as we get quite annoyed with Phil and his ability to start talking/commentating on something that is clearly not happening or making up words.

The need for singlespeed
    I wouldn't go so far as to call AC a liar. Maybe he really didn't register AS's mechanical? How attentive to detail are you after hammering 100 miles? I miss all kinds of sh!t when two heartbeats away from hanging over the bars and ralphing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't ride on the ride, and I've certainly never raced on the road. However, I can see the honor in waiting for a racer if someone just wrecked them. However, I don't see the point in waiting for someone if they had a mechanical. The bike is part of the overall equation, and is something under the control of the rider, and the responsibility of the rider.

Low Rep Count
    I agree, a mechanical induced by the rider is a different story. I'm not going to get into the banter about this any further. I just feel that if you are trying to say that you are the better rider then all things need to be measured the same. Sorry but I am in the medical research field and if we have variables in an experiment that it often changes the outcome. I think this applies here as well. But we are not talking about research. Its a bike race and I simply want someone other than Contador to win! I think this whole tour has been plagued with alot of misfortune at the worst possible moments. I guess that is why I keep watching it. That and to make fun of Phil

Awesome! 500 posts!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I just feel that if you are trying to say that you are the better rider then all things need to be measured the same.
    To me, that's part of being the better riding - making sure your bike isn't going to break at a bad time. Sorry, but to me knowing your bike, making the right choices regarding your bike, and being enough of a mechanic to keep yourself out of trouble are all part of being a good rider. It's a complete package thing.

All that said, I know road racing is a completely different beast from dirt racing, and I'm someone who feels racers should be penalized for running up hills.

Finally, I'm not a fan of Contador either.

Low Rep Count
    Well, I think AS did a good job of getting himself back together pretty quickly but he just ran out of road in the end.

The downside is that there is so much money involved that the riders aren't the mechanics any longer and I doubt they even get to choose what parts they will be riding. That is all the sponsors there. I know I personally would only ride Campy or the newer Shimano stuff. I have had Sram Red and hated it. It was no longer a push, click, shift. It was now a push, feel, click, shift. The feel part is a bit of a pita imo. It took me a few rides to get it figured out and even then it would pop on me occationally. However, i will say that I loved the Sram rear cog design! Just awesome how light that thing is when compared to any other cog out there. The down side is that the levers are actually quite comfortable. I just don't like the shifting motion/design.

mtbr member
    Coming Soon to a video store near you!

39 SECONDS OF INFAMY!

Staring Sylvester Stylone as Andy Schleck, Benicio del Toro as Alberto Contador and Lyndsey Lohan as Lance Armstrong.

They were brothers then... SRAM! It all went wrong.

Dir. Mel Gibson.

Members who have read this thread: 0