Totally cliché fixie action...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Totally cliché fixie action...

I know it's lame and passé, but I figured I post a pic, anyhow.

Here's the frame and (Surly) fork destined to set the new fixed-gear record at this year's Shenandoah Mountain 100 miler...if I can get the lame-o to forget about being rally co-driver for just one weekend...and all Hello-Kitties need to watch out

It's pretty straight forward, in 'Rosewood' metallic, with one frill: A shimano disc bottle opener...because after 100 fixed gear miles, you deserve quite a few beers.

Just remember: pink is the new pink.
    Attached Images Attached Images

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    Good thing, then, it is actually rose-magenta, or even violet.

That is a SICK frame, regardless of how much the disc-thingy makes my brain hurt.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Looks, really, really nice, but first of all I thought you'd photoshoped a back wheel out and forgotten to do the whole disk.... Nice colour, it looks good when the light highlights the pink!! 100miles on a fixed gear.... ....someones going to be hurting the next day!!

Cheers, Dave.

mtbr member

SM100 fixed?! Holy Crap.

Quote:

Here's the frame and (Surly) fork destined to set the new fixed-gear record at this year's Shenandoah Mountain 100 miler...

I gotta admire you for attacking the SM100 fixed. I did it last year for the first time (albeit on a multi-geared bike). My goal for this year is to be DFL in the singlespeed class, cause I think that's the best I can hope for. . .

All my friends are trying to talking me out of doing it SS--and these are people that ought to know what they're talking about!

I have to admit, I've pondered fixed 'cause I think it makes it easier ot climb than a singlespeed freewheel. I'm just not sure if I could handle the downhills and the singletrack!

More power to you, though. I'll probably see you there. I'll be the fat kid on the Karate Monkey rolling along in the back.
    Last edited by farley; 05-04-2004 at 08:33 PM. Reason: forgot to put in a subject line

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Focking sweet!

I like the hula girl too.

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    I know it's lame and passé, but I figured I post a pic, anyhow.

Here's the frame and (Surly) fork destined to set the new fixed-gear record at this year's Shenandoah Mountain 100 miler...if I can get the lame-o to forget about being rally co-driver for just one weekend...and all Hello-Kitties need to watch out

It's pretty straight forward, in 'Rosewood' metallic, with one frill: A shimano disc bottle opener...because after 100 fixed gear miles, you deserve quite a few beers.

Hmmmm...sweet!

SSP
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

Cyclist

Nicely done

As someone who currently has a ByStickel sitting in the back of his truck, just waiting for the post work ride, I'm a little biased. Once again, you have built a stunning frame.

Folks, Steve is for real. If you're considering a new frame, give him a shout. I am very pleased with mine and his small touches put it over the top.

Tim
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by farley
    Quote:

Here's the frame and (Surly) fork destined to set the new fixed-gear record at this year's Shenandoah Mountain 100 miler...

I gotta admire you for attacking the SM100 fixed. I did it last year for the first time (albeit on a multi-geared bike). My goal for this year is to be DFL in the singlespeed class, cause I think that's the best I can hope for. . .
    I got that honor last year, but I can't make it this year, so you might have a chance. The problem is Allroy says he'll be doing it (on his Karate Monkey), and he usually fights hard for DFL. Just watch out for the guy that looks like he's pedaling backwards.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Does this mean that Vimpty will be taking on the challenge?
    Or you?
    The guy downstairs has set a pretty tough precedent too you know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixeyfreeride
    Does this mean that Vimpty will be taking on the challenge?
    Or you?
    The guy downstairs has set a pretty tough precedent too you know.
    I WON'T be riding the 100 miler at all, much less on a fixie. That frame will be ridden by Jeremy, aka Wimpty, aka The Worm... provided he gets his priorities in order.

Heck, I worked aid station 5 last year, lubing chains and handing out Twizzlers. I dropped out early due to exhaustion, and it took me a week to recover.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job! absolutely fabulous.

i want one. but one that coaSSts. stunning!

mtbr member
    Can we get a close up of the XT disc bottle opener?

dd..''

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Shoo - I'll ride that in place of the worm - though I don't know about any record setting.
    I'll have to tell his bro to lay off the throttle pushin' and ride his bike more to get worm ridin' on that purty thang.

Mr. Scott will be bringing down my cracked Paramount road frame for you to look at if you've got the time.

mtbr member

One bottle opener...

Works beautifully.

We thought of putting Maynard on one last year for his attempt, but Tim warned me of his fragile state and I decided I needed a stouter competitor www.joelmaynard.com

I wondered what happened to the Paramount. Send it on and I'll take a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images