Titanium forks?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Titanium forks?

mtbr member

Titanium forks?

Where can I buy a disc only titanium fork?
    Thank you!

i don't give a shift
    Search and you shall find!
    blogging @29in.CH

'Calm Down'
    That's funnny. Check your link, it comes up as "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Here's another link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=276759

jw

Quote Originally Posted by collideous
    Search and you shall find!
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm snap....

why is every one so facinated with TI forks? it can't be for the ride, the few I have ridden have been way to flexy way....jeeez....I weigh 86 kg I would never ever never trust a TI fork on my frame. It appears to me a grand way to screw a ride or race day. Plus, the additional disc brake tabs plus the bucks it takes to purchase one....What is the problem with steel forks? they react much better under real riding conditions and load in my opinion.

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpy
    Where can I buy a disc only titanium fork?
    Thank you!
    James @ BlackSheep. Can't say enough good things about his forks. Laterally stiff but with a bit of flex front-to-back works for me. Some folks I know don't like the bit of flex but it really takes the chatter out. If you want something stiffer I am sure he can fab something up.
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    I've got one listed here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4499&rd=1&rd=1 . Ti forks are light and smooth. I am 175 pounds and quite agrresive and have not had an issue with the Sibex forks.

http://www.mysinglespeed.com/

i don't give a shift
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne
    That's funnny. Check your link, it comes up as "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    Guess searches expire rather quickly. But funny thing is searches get a number. Change the number and you can see what others are looking for.

Anyway, threads about Ti forks have been plentiful. I ride an old McMahon. If I was in the market for one I'd look at Crisp or Paduano (sorry, couldn't find a closeup pic).

crisp.jpg
    blogging @29in.CH

Evil Jr.
    I have 2 Spicers, one light (on my SS cross bike) and one stoopid-light (on my 1x9 XC race bike). No problems so far with either.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

B****es!
    I second the Black Sheep Ti fork. Very compliant and it really does soak up the little vibrations to help smooth out that rigid ride. It does flex front to back, but nothing crazy and nothing to worry about in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Did anyone mention Black Sheep yet?? ...Seek the sheep!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Members who have read this thread: 1