titanium fork lengths- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

titanium fork lengths

hi,
    i have a 2000 klein attitude with a kinesis maxlight fork. the fork is great, but too short for the suspension corrected frame. i am looking for a nice titanium fork, but cant find the length of the morati fork. does anyone know the length, crown to dropout, for the morati ti fork?
    thanks,
    shawn

formerly Giantxc
    I don't know about the Morati, but I believe the Spicer ti is available stock in 395, 430 and 450. He can also have any length you want made, but it will take a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by joyuda
    hi,
    i have a 2000 klein attitude with a kinesis maxlight fork. the fork is great, but too short for the suspension corrected frame. i am looking for a nice titanium fork, but cant find the length of the morati fork. does anyone know the length, crown to dropout, for the morati ti fork?
    thanks,
    shawn

Hairshirt Rider

I recommend calling Gene Spicer

I got a custom length ti fork from him - same price as the standard lengths listed on the web site. I just told him what I wanted and he took care of the rest.

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by joyuda
    hi,
    thanks,
    shawn
    I've got a Morati...axle-to-crown = 417mm
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    I've got a Morati...axle-to-crown = 417mm
    Ive got a Spicer Ti at 420mm fits a 29in tire with about a 1/4 in to spare......and keeps the geometry racey instead of slack like my 435mm suspension corrected Kelly one thats also for sale.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

interesting...

i've got a on-one ti fork, it's also a 420mm. maybe i'll end up keeping her and try it out on my 29er kelly on order. how racey is the geometry with the 15mm less crown to axle?

what frame do you have your spicer on? what's the ht angle???

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueturtle
    Ive got a Spicer Ti at 420mm fits a 29in tire with about a 1/4 in to spare......and keeps the geometry racey instead of slack like my 435mm suspension corrected Kelly one thats also for sale.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    i've got a on-one ti fork, it's also a 420mm. maybe i'll end up keeping her and try it out on my 29er kelly on order. how racey is the geometry with the 15mm less crown to axle?

what frame do you have your spicer on? what's the ht angle???

cheers!

Its not that its racey.....its just that it doesnt slacken the frame as much. I have it on an old Alpinestars that had a 24.5 tt. Not sure of the head angle but with a 2.4 in 26er in the rear and a 2.1 29er up front....the actual aspect ratio of the tires.....most people dont notice the 29er up front which appears to be very close the the same height as the beefy 2.4 in 26er in the back. Its a singlespeed and right now is tipping the scales at 17lbs with beefy tires and a 20.5 in frame.