tired of winter GAAAA!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

tired of winter GAAAA!!!!

Global warming? right.
    It is snowing right now. I'm getting tired of this cold. I am all for global warming…c’mon you long distance commuters, burn them carbons and your monoxides.

The last two weeks have been miserable, riding-wise. I was able to ride a handful of times. The funnest was last Thursday, riding in –8. I wasn’t cold much. Gore-tex and layers, and the proper gloves, goggles, face mask, those chemical hot pads that go in your shoes, etc.

I was going to ride the Surly with the 700x38 tires. The Salsa is on ebunk right now. I’m getting a custom steel SS cross (they will all be surprises when I post them) frameset(s). All canti brake with room for 700x44s. I can’t wait to add them to my collection.

So slick outside, so I have to stay away from the roads when the snow is falling and sticking…I have to give room to the snowplows, and I don’t want to get hit by some nut who would claim that his 4x4 shouldn’t have slipped on snow. Anything slips on slick snow and ice. There’s some ppl I have seen that don’t even know how to turn on the 4x4 option in their SUVs. Pathetic.

Ok, so some of you have pre-ordered frames, which is very cool, and I thank you.

I am also trying to get some Fixed-Gear socks for the lot of you. Shirts last year, socks maybe this year.

Been up since 4 am. Last week it was tough sleeping. I do believe that there’s a ghost living in these premises. Well, when we moved to this house in 2005, heard whispering one night while I was up late working on this computer. I heard the whispers twice. The 2nd time they were closer to me.

Then in 2006, we heard scratching on the wall, and when I said “enough! please!” it stopped.

Last week it was different, sounded like there was someone outside the front door. Usually happened around 2am. Someone outside the door dragging something hard, almost like shoveling the front, wooden porch. You know, that sound a snow shovel makes on a wood floor, like that. I heard it night after night, it would wake me up. I have not heard it since Friday.

Whatever it is, it isn’t malevolent. Who knows…

Today will be a long day. I am already showered, ready to go, wearing my cycling winter clothes…I had to give the snow a 2nd thought. I’ll ride if its dry and very cold, but not when it is snowing. Many, and I mean, many idiots out there with little balls and big vehicles. But I have to change into more reserved clothes now. Sarah’s giving me a ride. At least I am showered, and don’t smell like some punk ass beeatch.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-13-2007 at 05:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sounds like you have mice in the house.....

mtbr member

doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by steelbike
    Sounds like you have mice in the house.....
    doubt it. Mice don't make snow shoveling sounds out in the front of the house, plus, its just to cold for that. We have two hungry cats that snoop about everywhere in the house.

As for the whispers, it women whispering and I couldn't make it out, unless the mice can do that, then that's mice.

As for the other sound, it sounded heavy.

mtbr Decade+
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    doubt it. Mice don't make snow shoveling sounds out in the front of the house, plus, its just to cold for that. We have two hungry cats that snoop about everywhere in the house.
    As for the other sound, it sounded heavy.
    Could be the cats dragging the dead mice through the house like feudal warlords mass burying their dead.

bikes are people too
    Sounds pretty creepy bro.
    2009 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2010 Cannondale CAAD9 4
    1973 Schwinn World Sport (Fixed)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    c'mon, dude!! i certainly don't live here (milwaukee) for the women--i live here for the seasons. furthermore, it's 25 freakin degrees right now, the roads are clean, the woods along the river are beautiful and it sounds like your bike is too clean right now anyway. just sayin.

mtbr member

bike

Quote Originally Posted by dj0229
    c'mon, dude!! i certainly don't live here (milwaukee) for the women--i live here for the seasons. furthermore, it's 25 freakin degrees right now, the roads are clean, the woods along the river are beautiful and it sounds like your bike is too clean right now anyway. just sayin.
    i know, i'm just tired of it. My bike's as dirty as it will ever be. Speckled with nice, dry salt. ugh!

mudnthebloodnthebeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    Could be the cats dragging the dead mice through the house like feudal warlords mass burying their dead.
    Mine do that all the time and it bugs the living crap out of me.

Aren't tree chippers the generally accepted method for disposing of dead bodies in the upper Midwest during the Winter months?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quaffimodo
    Mine do that all the time and it bugs the living crap out of me.

Aren't tree chippers the generally accepted method for disposing of dead bodies in the upper Midwest during the Winter months?
    no, that's from a movie.
    here, we bury them in shallow graves and pee on them

CB2
    Jam Econo
    We've been spoiled this year; we've only had 3.7" of snow this year. That's about to come to an end though, we're supposed to get a foot tonight.
    With that in mind I wanted to get a couple hours in after work this evening.
    Well, that ended early when I lost a chainring bolt and bent my chainring.
    Who's bright idea was 4 bolt chainrings anyways?

mtbr member

some...

Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    Who's bright idea was 4 bolt chainrings anyways?
    ...some hippy

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    that ghost stuff is hella scary. I had something like that happen to me once, I was hella creeped out because I thought something was in the house with me. As time went on it got creepier and creepier and one night i was sure something bad was gonna happen and I couldn't stand it. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. I dont live therer anymore so it's all good.

I hate winter too, and here in Oakland we dont get any snow or anything either. Just rain when you least expect it. The trails are hella muddy and theres hella dumbasses who dont know how to ride who are tearing up the trails. I don't think I could stand to live anywhere where it snowed during the winter.
    "My scraper bike go hard, I don't need no car."

mtbr member

boo

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_freak2000
    that ghost stuff is hella scary. I had something like that happen to me once, I was hella creeped out because I thought something was in the house with me. As time went on it got creepier and creepier and one night i was sure something bad was gonna happen and I couldn't stand it. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. I dont live therer anymore so it's all good.

I hate winter too, and here in Oakland we dont get any snow or anything either. Just rain when you least expect it. The trails are hella muddy and theres hella dumbasses who dont know how to ride who are tearing up the trails. I don't think I could stand to live anywhere where it snowed during the winter.
    I'm up right now (2:31am) because I heard the noise on the porch again. Its always from left of the banister next to the driveway all the way to the front door, it stops, and then it happens again starting from the banister. ugh! Freakkin' annoying.
    And I'm a light sleeper to boot.

Snow sux.

Members who have read this thread: 0