Time for a new build- Mtbr.com
    surly inbred

Time for a new build

...and I'm torn. Currently perusing the Zion & EBB option along with Soma's offerings of the Groove and 4one5 (very purty!) Definitely want steel (at a non-custom price) and I like the idea of a dropout for options down the road, but not a necessity. I guess I can't decide between horizontal drops or an EBB... any thoughts? Ultimately, I do want discs on this build and keep hearing frustration about realigning things with wheel removal. Drawbacks to EBB's? I have no experience with them.

~Harp

Peace & Love
    good thing you narrowed down your choices so far

as far as EBB, I am really loving mine on the Phil Wood. I also have another single speed being built which will also run an EBB. I really like having the vertical dropouts running discs though when I had the Surly, I honestly did not mind the horizonatal thing too much....and with discs. Just opted for EBB when starting from scratch is all.

What is your price range in terms of what you mean by non-custom price? depending on that, folks should be able to help narrow it down......used is always an excellent option especially with all the folks dumping their 26" stuff for 29" stuff....me, I will have one of both please. I tell you though, if I were a patient man, i could have got a killer deal on a sweet steel or Ti frame/bike just by watching the classifieds.....worth considering my friend