To those who saw the Fisher Rig at the trade show...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425

    To those who saw the Fisher Rig at the trade show...

    Was the actual color more like the blue-purple in the first pic, or more like the deep purple in the second pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: erol/frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    488
    What a beautiful bike! Cool retrolooking Bonty-fork too.

  3. #3
    Derailleurs owned: 0
    Reputation: c0jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    354
    That 1st pic is from the European show, the photographer (mikesee?) said it doesnt really look that blue-ish.

    I think the bottom picture is more accurate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Was the actual color more like the blue-purple in the first pic, or more like the deep purple in the second pic?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    75
    Nevermind the color, does anyone know anything about the release date and price?

  5. #5
    Derailleurs owned: 0
    Reputation: c0jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    354
    $999... when is anybody's guess

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedPA
    Nevermind the color, does anyone know anything about the release date and price?

  6. #6
    mtbnj.com
    Reputation: walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    414
    I got a price from a shop near my house of $849, with a mid jan. 05 delivery with the reba, reports are the bonty fork didnt make U.S. production.

    walter

  7. #7
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedPA
    Nevermind the color, does anyone know anything about the release date and price?
    My LBS says $999 and early January. He called Fisher as I stood there, so someone at GF told him that.

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by walter
    I got a price from a shop near my house of $849, with a mid jan. 05 delivery with the reba, reports are the bonty fork didnt make U.S. production.

    walter
    The rigid fork did not make it to production at all. It might be released later after a major redesign and testing.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    Derailleurs owned: 0
    Reputation: c0jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    354
    My local Gary Fisher dealer had similar price in their books... the price went up to $999.99 after the switch from rigid to Reba.

    If your local shop is really giving $150 discount... that might be worth a road trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by walter
    I got a price from a shop near my house of $849, with a mid jan. 05 delivery with the reba, reports are the bonty fork didnt make U.S. production.

    walter

  10. #10
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by c0jones
    That 1st pic is from the European show, the photographer (mikesee?) said it doesnt really look that blue-ish.

    I think the bottom picture is more accurate.
    Thanks c0jones. Too bad though; I prefer the lighter color.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Treybiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,041
    The color looks to be like a color that Honda used on a couple of their motorcycles called Illusion blue. It changed from a deep blue to purple depending on the angle of the light hitting it. Pretty cool stuff.

  12. #12
    Enjoying Every Sandwich
    Reputation: TheBUNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The rigid fork did not make it to production at all. It might be released later after a major redesign and testing.

    Wonder if Bonty will sell the fork by its lonesome. I would look good on my 2000 GF Aquila SS project bike. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......................................

  13. #13
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,246
    more like 2nd (nm)

  14. #14
    Not a regular
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,079
    Quote Originally Posted by c0jones
    That 1st pic is from the European show, the photographer (mikesee?) said it doesnt really look that blue-ish.

    I think the bottom picture is more accurate.
    I took that eurobike shot and it was much more purple.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    186
    Also,
    Is it a 29"?

  16. #16
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanky
    Also,
    Is it a 29"?
    Of course it is!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  17. #17
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBUNKY
    Wonder if Bonty will sell the fork by its lonesome. I would look good on my 2000 GF Aquila SS project bike. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......................................
    That would be the plan. Remember that this is a 29" fork, not a 26".
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  18. #18
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The rigid fork did not make it to production at all. It might be released later after a major redesign and testing.
    But why didn't it make it to production? Certainly not for a lack of interest from consumers... and it's not like it was rocket science to build a rigid fork.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  19. #19
    www.FreezeThaw.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15
    patrick the gf rep was riding one at the ecnasscu part deux back in may....he took a nasty spill on wildcat gap on it

    color is def the 2nd one, shiny purple for sure...there was a pic in dirt rag too an issue or two ago...

  20. #20
    Enjoying Every Sandwich
    Reputation: TheBUNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    That would be the plan. Remember that this is a 29" fork, not a 26".
    Good call. Forgot about that minor 3 inch detail.

  21. #21
    Derailleurs owned: 0
    Reputation: c0jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    354
    The '05 Cronus comes with a shorter version of that fork... unless it's been delayed/changed also.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBUNKY
    Good call. Forgot about that minor 3 inch detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezeThawCycles
    patrick the gf rep was riding one at the ecnasscu part deux back in may....he took a nasty spill on wildcat gap on it

    color is def the 2nd one, shiny purple for sure...there was a pic in dirt rag too an issue or two ago...
    I work at a fisher dealer and we are not getting rigs until march.....or so

  23. #23
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by MaBarrows
    I work at a fisher dealer and we are not getting rigs until march.....or so
    March?! Are you serious? Last I heard it was February. I wonder who's clogging up the toilet?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    March?! Are you serious? Last I heard it was February. I wonder who's clogging up the toilet?
    There building there comfort bikes first, there is a bigger demand!

  25. #25
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by MaBarrows
    There building there comfort bikes first, there is a bigger demand!
    goddammit. Who the hell buys a comfort bike in the middle of winter?!?! Somebody get me Gary's number...

  26. #26
    Slave to the grind
    Reputation: cherrybomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Treybiker
    The color looks to be like a color that Honda used on a couple of their motorcycles called Illusion blue. It changed from a deep blue to purple depending on the angle of the light hitting it. Pretty cool stuff.
    also the same color as a porsche boxster built in 2000 called zenith blue
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    370
    The 05 Fisher's look very nice indeed in the flesh, the lbs here in Australia are finally getting geared stock on the floors, however it seems with all the Rig problems, they are thinking of not bringing any into the country at all this season, or if they do it will be looking likely to be April. I've got some waiting to do...

  28. #28
    Just Ride!
    Reputation: kustomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,186
    [QUOTE=FreezeThawCycles]patrick the gf rep was riding one at the ecnasscu part deux back in may....he took a nasty spill on wildcat gap on it QUOTE]

    Can you be more specific? Did he take a nasty spill because the fork broke? If so, the use of the word "gap" leads one to believe that he was trying to freeride a rigid?

    Attn: Nat..... If GF decides to build comfort bikes before a Rig, it is doubtful that God told him to do it, so I see no reason to damn Him.

  29. #29
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz
    Attn: Nat..... If GF decides to build comfort bikes before a Rig, it is doubtful that God told him to do it, so I see no reason to damn Him.
    Oh please. Not this again. Note the "god" was not capitalized, and "goddammit" was one word without "God" or "damn" in it. Jeezus christ.

  30. #30
    Just Ride!
    Reputation: kustomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Oh please. Not this again. Note the "god" was not capitalized, and "goddammit" was one word without "God" or "damn" in it. Jeezus christ.
    Sure, whatever you say
    Let's just hope we all get a Rig that will satisfy 99% of us sooner than later.

  31. #31
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz
    Sure, whatever you say
    Let's just hope we all get a Rig that will satisfy 99% of us sooner than later.
    Did you order one too?

  32. #32
    Cold. Blue. Steel.
    Reputation: OneGearGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,709

    one more to the list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Did you order one too?
    i am really thinking about diving in- especially with that new Reba and awesome purple metallic paint job. pimpin'!
    just need to sell that geared klein...
    Spinning and Grinning...

  33. #33
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247
    I had one on order, but as seen as they got rid of the bonty rigid it didn't appeal to me. Bummer.

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  34. #34
    Just Ride!
    Reputation: kustomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,186
    Same here, until I hear some rave, I'll probably be happy with my rigid forked and singled out Supercal 29.

  35. #35
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz
    Same here, until I hear some rave, I'll probably be happy with my rigid forked and singled out Supercal 29.
    I put a deposit down on one several weeks ago, and at the time they said they were expecting it in January. I hope it's not too long after that, because March is prime riding season here.

Similar Threads

  1. Gary Fisher Rig - From the horses mouth
    By FisherGuy in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
  2. Fisher Rig Specs
    By onepivot in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:28 PM
  3. info on Fisher Rig
    By joyride1x1 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 11:31 AM
  4. Fisher Rig vs. KM
    By seely in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
  5. Titus vs. Leviathan vs Fisher
    By rossixc in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 06:44 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.