Thinking about a build - Looking for wheel help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Thinking about a build - Looking for wheel help

Title pretty much says it all.

I'm looking to build a SS this winter for next season of riding and use it as my race weapon for the season, it'll also be a general ride around and goof off bike. It's going to be a 29'er.

Really just looking for some opinions on three hubs. Kings, I9's and Hadley. Now I know that they are all great hubs and cant really go wrong with any of them. But looking for some opinions on the SS specific hubs and any other information you guys may possess! Also looking to see if there are any major differences that I may have missed.

I've ridden SS specific DT Swiss before and liked them, but wanted something a bit different.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'd say it comes down to preference and how much of a deal Yu can get on either or. As far as I9 and CK you'll love the instant engagement I believe the CK are a bit heavy. I have a set of I9 XC wheels and love them. Light, durable, tubeless, and best of all I9 costumer care is awesome. I just had my free hub replaced under warranty and they were great. They even covered shipping. Got the parts in 3 days. Overall very happy with my I9 wheels. My ridding buddy has a set on CK and loves it as well. And he heard very good things about hadley but not first hand experience.

Members who have read this thread: 0