Thank you- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thank you

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Good job! Thank you

If you don't read any more of this message I'll get right to the point thanks for the help and ideas.

Now for the story that lead me here.
    A long, long time ago in a city far away from most of you with a bike that needed some help.
    I have an old raleigh mtb bike. In fact it was the first mtb I owned and road on the trails. I've had this bike for years 10 plus. This bike was used on the trails for a while until it was replaced by a trek 8000, which i no longer have. It was then used as a road bike for a few years putting on it more then a hundred km in a weekend plus what ever I rode during the week. No parts where updated and it was never really taken care of, just rode. A few years back the front derailer shifter took a dump and stopped working. So i rode it that way for a while. Last year I was thinking about taking it off and not worrying about it. fast forward to a month ago. While looking at candle power forums I get a link to this site and start reading. I finally get an account so I can look at the pics. this site isn't all that much fun with out the pics. So while browsing I find the SS forums and the rest is history. after doing some reading off i go and turn my raleigh into a single speed. (not a true SS as the front chain ring is still intacked as I can't seperated the rings and I don't have the money to replace the crank.) I got a new front fork as the old one was a crappy cheap thing. while doing that i got a good deal on some brake levers as the old ones had the shifters attached changed. The back free wheel got changed to a single 15t cog added some spacers and that was done. The budget for the build was now spent so I had to make a tensioner. I quick read of the diy tensioner thread and I was off to the workshop. Made that painted it all up and after some tinkering to get the chain line straight it was good to go.

So thanks to every one on here that has posted and filled my head with knowledge and idea's. I had the starting idea but this forum helpped make it come to life.

Thanks to all.

Adam

a new SS rider.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Well today was the first ride on the new bike. I've got to say I really like it. I can now see why people would go SS on trails. I may just try it myself.

So the ride today was really windy and my first ride of the season. A few firsts for me. My new home built SS worked great. The bike is lighter then it was before and the tensioner worked great. I was a little worried that something might go worng being the first ride,but it went smoothly. I only went to shift gears twice due to the high winds but of course I couldn't.A new great feeling.
    It was a great ride I'm really going to like my new bike.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    That's awesome! Good on you... SS is amazing. Glad ya like it. Thanks for posting the story, I enjoyed reading it.

Members who have read this thread: 0