Tews Peed Cascade Double Crown- Mtbr.com
    JRA
    mtbr member

Idea! Tews Peed Cascade Double Crown

The Cascade Double Crown (DC) consits of two big mountain rides done back to back in one day. Park your vehicle at the common parking area and leave it there until you return. The two rides are Sun Top and Palisades - both located east along Hwy 410 from Enumclaw, WA. Sun Top is on the south side of the valley and Palisades is on the north side. Sun Top stats are 21 miles & 4500' elevation. Palisades stats are 22 miles & 5100' elevation. A total of about 15 miles (approx 7-8 on each loop) of dirt road and the rest is singletrack.

I've been wanting to do this combo for awhile now and intend to give a rip at it this year. My first attempt will be on the shiftie but I intend to have another go at it in late summer/early fall (September?) ... using the Tews Peed (tm). I still call it a SS bike cause I have to remove the wheel in order to access the climbing gear but the purists don't seem to share my conviction that the bike is still a SS. I have ridden Palisades loop on the Tews Peed (full rigid).

Anyone else interested in joining me in this quest? Like minded riders (Tews Peed or SS) please send me an email if you're serious. I want to keep the group size small (5-6 total) but if there's enough interest, might have a second group.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Possible dates?

When ya thinking of doing it? Not thinking of the fixie, the Jekyll would have to do unless I have a SS built up by then. Seems like there is some good scenery on that loop too, right?

bike ON

bob