Tensioner question...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Tensioner question...

i currently have the performance forte chain tensioner, my question is, can i remove the tensioner and just cut the chain shorter and wrap around the cog or would i need something else to replace chain tensioner...dont want a chain tensioner any more...thanks in advance...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tensioner question...-imag0348.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    since you have vertical dropouts your other option is to see what the 'magic gear' combination for your frame is and whether or not you can pedal it.

or you can get an eccentric hub or bottom bracket. or run a chain with enough half links to get the tension right.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    damn sound like alot to deal with, fck it ill just keep it like that til i get a rennen tensioner...thx for ur input tho

What could go wrong ...
    ebb probably wont work on that frame but you could probably remove a couple of links and use a half link to make it work, its actually pretty easy to do
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    ok cool...

Dive Bomber
    Use halflink or just implant it to make it shorter and if you luck you can get magic gearing with your desired ratio.

My bike have sliding drop out but still use halflink implant and tensioner, tensioner is not that bad I put mine on BB which is better compare to the rear one IMHO. At least it solved my chain stretching problemo.

Yeet so hard
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF
    Smash

Members who have read this thread: 0