Tennessee's out, Arkansas in!!- Mtbr.com
    RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Tennessee's out, Arkansas in!!

After chatting with the wife we've decided on riding the Womble and many more trails around Hot Springs. Any local knowledge, or guide (s), would be wonderful. Would like to get a couple day's riding with the wife (relaxing and taking in the views) and then maybe a good hard day with some local men, fast and furious, and all the techy stuff you can throw at me. We'll be bringing gears and the SS's for some suthern rock luv. Peace

ps,

My gun rack won't fit the rear window of my Olds, do ya think we'll look like tourists?

paintbucket
    Good choice. I was going to ask why you were coming so far east but you seemed to have your mind made up. No beta here on Womble though, sorry. But if you get a chance to go further south, try the Wild Azalea trail near Alexandria, LA.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Account Retired

... and if we just ... Womble

We took a trip down there two years ago and it was sweet. We went the first week of April and it was summer weather that far south. We camped in one of the riverside campgrounds and had the place all to ourselves except for one night. I have maps and recon for you if you want it. I can bring the info down to KC if you want. There was more poison ivy on the womble than any other trail I have ever ridden. Bring the ivy block and the technu.

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Good choice. I was going to ask why you were coming so far east but you seemed to have your mind made up. No beta here on Womble though, sorry. But if you get a chance to go further south, try the Wild Azalea trail near Alexandria, LA.
    We're going to Shreveport, and it looks to me that Alexandria is only a couple more hrs. south so Wild Azalea should be no problem hitting. thanks for the info. Peace

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    We took a trip down there two years ago and it was sweet. We went the first week of April and it was summer weather that far south. We camped in one of the riverside campgrounds and had the place all to ourselves except for one night. I have maps and recon for you if you want it. I can bring the info down to KC if you want. There was more poison ivy on the womble than any other trail I have ever ridden. Bring the ivy block and the technu.
    Yo Gary, we're actually leaving on the 20th of this month, talked to a shop wrench yesterday and he said it was 65 and sunny in Hot Springs, that's what I'm riding about baby!! Warm day's and cool nights, if I could bring some local mates', I could say it doesn't get any better than this. You gonna bring a bird to the KC event? Do ya need some pitch in $. Keep in touch. Peace

I sure hope that ivy **** is dead, cus I don't like looking like the elephant man.

Jackass
    Jan 2004

Ach ! No.... Stop, Wait...

That's my old neck of the woods, and I can tell you for certain that
    if you will be in Shreveport, where you want to go is Lincoln Parish
    Park in Ruston.... NOT to Alexandria. No offense to other posters,
    but Alexandria ain't got NUTHIN' on Ruston, and Ruston is closer
    for you as well. I'd only go to Alexandria if you have absolutely
    nothing better to do. Ruston kicks heinie, though.... big time.

You can post here to hook up some rides in AR:
    http://pub69.ezboard.com/bbikearkansasmessageboard
    They've got a pretty good SS contingent there - and they're a fun
    bunch of guys to ride with.

Enjoy.

Zak B.
    Last edited by brewSSard; 02-11-2004 at 09:32 AM.
    No hairSShirts.

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide
    Thanks my kind SS'ing mate. I'll take note to all reply's. Peace

Master of the Obvious

Check out The Chainwheel!

I spent several years living and Riding In Arkansas, Before you get to Hotsprings stop in Little Rock on Rodney Parham Rd (WEST LR) and visit the guys at Chainwheel its a great bike shop they will give lots of good trail tips, They also are the Mfg. of SofaKing bikes, which are kind of Tasty! also make sure you grab some Grub at anyone of the BackYard Burgers found in AR,

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by brewSSard
    No offense to other posters,
    but Alexandria ain't got NUTHIN' on Ruston
    No biggie. I wish I'd known that 5 years ago.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hi all. I have to agree with the above post, Ruston is way better than Alexandria. It is the best trail in La. by leaps & bounds, definitely try it out. But, I still like to ride Alexandria. The Wild Azalea trail doesn't get much use on the southern 20 miles or so, rode it recently and it took 2 1/2 hours to ride due to fallen trees and getting lost. The northern 10 miles is sweet though and you can catch a spur to the East Kincaid loop which is very Tsali-like with ups & downs following the fingers of the lake (Just on a smaller scale, hey, it is La.!) Went & rode the Womble last July, two things- BUGS & poison ivy. I didn't think it was possible to have more bugs than La., but I was wrong. Also check out the Little Blakely trail just outside of Hot Springs, veeery nice.

Account Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely1
    Yo Gary, we're actually leaving on the 20th of this month, talked to a shop wrench yesterday and he said it was 65 and sunny in Hot Springs, that's what I'm riding about baby!! Warm day's and cool nights, if I could bring some local mates', I could say it doesn't get any better than this. You gonna bring a bird to the KC event? Do ya need some pitch in $. Keep in touch. Peace

I sure hope that ivy **** is dead, cus I don't like looking like the elephant man.
    I'm bring'n a bird and the gear to fry that beeyawtch up. My treat for our combined crews.

GL

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Thanks to all

who have helped with our little ride vacation. Just talked to the wife and were leaving this Friday now, damn I'm a jones'n for some ride'n. Peace and much luv to all my riding mates'