Talk to me.- Mtbr.com

Thread: Talk to me.

igoslo

Talk to me.

I'm getting ready to buy a new bike very soon for the next stage of my life, back in the Pac-NW. I've narrowed it down to two bikes, the Bianchi San Jose and the Bianchi Volpe. My only bike for the last two and a half years has been a single speed and at this point I don't think I'm ever going to want a geared mountain bike again but I'm stressing about the single speed road bike. I got no problem walking my bike uphill on the dirt, but can I really suck it up on the pavement? Now I know a lot of this is personal choice, but I'd like to hear about the experiences of others.
    Last edited by SoloRider; 03-06-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Is my rear tire flat?

Welcome Back!

Where are/where will you be living here in the Pac North Wet? Obviously disc brakes would be a good idea. Hardtail with good power transfer would be great! Good luck in your search and welcome.
    db
    Liberty Lake Wa.

igoslo
    This is my current bike so I've got the dirt part covered, disc, hardtail, etc. We're likely headed to Seattle, Spokane, Portland, or Vancouver with a far outside chance that I'm staying in Phoenix. We find out on the 15th and move the first week of June. I'm a Pac-NW native originally from Portland and ten years in Spokane. Really starting to get excited about the move and can't wait to find out where we're headed.

Occidental Tourist

i dunno but

ya might want to check with these guys and gals. lotta savy utilitarain type folks. oh, and make one of these mudflaps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    ... Really starting to get excited about the move and can't wait to find out where we're headed.
    Does this mean you'll be able to join us for Barbie Camp one of these years? (Near Sisters, Oregon; events dates = spring & fall.)

--Sparty
    (Creswell, Oregon)
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    I can get over 8-10% grades with a 38 x 15 gear, which is about a 68 gear inches, and still cruise comfortably on the flats. 38 x 16 was too low; I was spinning like a blender.

conjoinicorned
    i run a 44x16 on my converted MTB "roadie", live in a very hilly city, and have no problem climbing 98% of the hills i can find. i do get quite tired after a long grade though....
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

Members who have read this thread: 0