swobo mutineer- Mtbr.com

Thread: swobo mutineer

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

swobo mutineer

Found one of these for sale but can't find much info on it does anyone know anything about these bike thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    No personal experience but they seem to be a great bang for the buck! Swobo is just up the road from my place and they seem to be pretty good guys. I have thought about picking up a Mutineer but I already have two steel ss in the garage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Thanks seems like nobody knows anything about them

mtbr member
    Anybody own a Mutineer? Pretty nice write up in Dirt Rag last about a year ago, but I haven't seen any user reviews on them. I'm looking for a fun, cheap SS bike, and the Nashbar Bee's Knees no longer has my size (21"), and according to them, they're not making any more of that line.
    1992 Trek 800 Antelope
    2009 Haro Mary SS
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    Anybody own a Mutineer? Pretty nice write up in Dirt Rag last about a year ago, but I haven't seen any user reviews on them. I'm looking for a fun, cheap SS bike, and the Nashbar Bee's Knees no longer has my size (21"), and according to them, they're not making any more of that line.
    I bought one from Charlie.

its a good biek, great fun, but you get what you pay for.

It is pretty industrial and certainly has a strong flavour of BMX in the heavy cranks/ BMX stubby saddle. The frame is heavily gusseted which adds strength but also weight.

The stock rims weren't UST/ready but I just filled the tubes with latex - the bike already weighed a tonne so wasn't too bothered.

I raced XC on it for a laugh and it was amazing. Yes it was heavy - but you can't put a price on fun. I'd rather be a fun weeny than weight weeny any day.

That said its reinvigorated my SS lust so I'm currently surfing for light XC SS builds...

Any more Q's let me know. Super fun bike for peanuts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by revmatt View Post
    I bought one from Charlie.

its a good biek, great fun, but you get what you pay for.

It is pretty industrial and certainly has a strong flavour of BMX in the heavy cranks/ BMX stubby saddle. The frame is heavily gusseted which adds strength but also weight.

The stock rims weren't UST/ready but I just filled the tubes with latex - the bike already weighed a tonne so wasn't too bothered.

I raced XC on it for a laugh and it was amazing. Yes it was heavy - but you can't put a price on fun. I'd rather be a fun weeny than weight weeny any day.

That said its reinvigorated my SS lust so I'm currently surfing for light XC SS builds...

Any more Q's let me know. Super fun bike for peanuts.
    Welcome to MTBR Forums revmatt! Your first post on MTBR answered an unanswered question asked on this thread a year ago! It's great to hear from someone who owns a Mutineer. I was all set to buy one of these fun little bikes when the wife put us on financial lockdown. It seems that Uncle Sam wants some of their money back instead of giving me some of my money back this year. Hopefully I can get one this summer. Which color did you get? The matte black or the pink?
    1992 Trek 800 Antelope
    2009 Haro Mary SS
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    Welcome to MTBR Forums revmatt! Your first post on MTBR answered an unanswered question asked on this thread a year ago! Which color did you get? The matte black or the pink?
    lol my bad. I have so little useful info its hard to resist when I can help answer

I missed out on hot pink so have black.

Just put an order in for a trek superfly SS frameset - can't describe how the ants are in my pants at the moment...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by revmatt View Post
    lol my bad. I have so little useful info its hard to resist when I can help answer

I missed out on hot pink so have black.

Just put an order in for a trek superfly SS frameset - can't describe how the ants are in my pants at the moment...
    A Superfly SS frame set is available to buy from Trek?

I have the Folsom version of the Mutineer. It's basically the same, but setup with a coaster brake. Makes me feel I'm 10 years old again when I ride it. It's very stout and eats up urban staircase riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    A Superfly SS frame set is available to buy from Trek?
    Allegedly the full bike is US only and in the EU we can only order the frameset with fork and FSA HS.