Sweet Ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sweet Ride

1x1
    mtbr member

Sweet Ride

Went for my first single speed ride today, and loved it. The trail seems a little different on a ridgid SS vs. my blur. I think the blur will get put away for the rest of the fall. Is it just me or did anyone else notice the lack of suspension a lot more that only having one gear the first time out. Anyway just had to post, so pumped on the ride. Now I know what all you guys are talking about, its addicting.

Peace Ben

Not because I'm fast.....

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by 1x1
    Went for my first single speed ride today, and loved it. The trail seems a little different on a ridgid SS vs. my blur. I think the blur will get put away for the rest of the fall. Is it just me or did anyone else notice the lack of suspension a lot more that only having one gear the first time out. Anyway just had to post, so pumped on the ride. Now I know what all you guys are talking about, its addicting.

Peace Ben
    Glad you liked it! It's nice to actual "feel" the trail under you and adjust your riding skills accordingly. Not that full suspension is bad ( I have a 6" FS bike too), but with FS it feels like you are riding down the mountain on a hovercraft compared to riding fully rigid. I love the way a rigid bike handles, and unless it is super scary technical, I am just as fast riding rigid as with suspension. Welcome to the club, hope you stay a while.

Members who have read this thread: 0