stupid question- Mtbr.com

Thread: stupid question

Old No. 7

stupid question

when you guy's where spandex bike shorts, do you where underware or no?
    i have been doing 16 hr. days lately so i got some of the padded bike shorts but when i where boxer breifs it's uncomfterble but i think i'd get some heat/chaifing with out.
    so personaly, do you where the shorts alone, or with some kind of underwhere?

brother on a mission
    absolutely no underwear.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Lose the boxers, padded shorts are designed to be worn naked.

locked - time out
    The best part is that you get the sensation of riding around naked until you get used to just wearing spandex.

Personally, I wear boxers beneath my spandex, with my KISS tanktop tucked into the spandex - the chicks go nuts when I walk into Qdoba post ride pimpin' my mad steez .

Recovering couch patato
    Lately I often wear cut-off jeans over spandex. It does seem to fit tighter than with boxers. Yesterday I clipped (more like collided) a tree, and was happy to wear denim rather than 1/200th inch thick spandex. This may not be for long rides though.

Feeling a little taller
    I have a few seamless bikini briefs (ala Mark Spitz' bathing suit) that I wear under my lycra. No chafing. Plus, that way when I get changed at the trailhead, no awkward moments.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

Hoopy Frood

Commando

Go commando under the spandex otherwise you'll get some serious chafing on your junk.

I wear lycra bike shorts underneath cargo shorts when I mtb. I generally just wear the lycra when I take out the road bike.

- khill
    Last edited by khill; 10-15-2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Braindead spelling
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Old No. 7
    yeah luckily i went camando this morning and steared clear of the monkey butt.
    thanks for the advise, back to the road.

mtbr member

a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by fred.r
    when you guy's where spandex bike shorts, do you where underware or no?
    i have been doing 16 hr. days lately so i got some of the padded bike shorts but when i where boxer breifs it's uncomfterble but i think i'd get some heat/chaifing with out.
    so personaly, do you where the shorts alone, or with some kind of underwhere?
    I can see this being made into a movie. Pick an exotic locale...guest starring, in 20 years, the Olsen twins, your mom, and a bag of cheetos. Yes, cheetos...

Um, don't wear underwear if you want your underwear to last a while. its like riding with a cotton rope around your balls.

Spandex or whatever you call them have to be worn without...you don't want to have a visible panty line. Makes you less of a man and you'd probably get beaten up by some 9 year old named Billy, wielding a broken wiffle bat. So no, please don't wear underwear.

It can be a little uncomfortable.

Boxers?

Let me tell you a story...

Lucie lived in Tijuana. Her boyfriend found Jesus' boxers under a rock. He wore them for a while under spandex and grew many penises.

Moral of the story, those weren't penises. They were ass zits. More like saddle sores. Painful, yes. Attractive? no.
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 10-15-2005 at 04:37 PM. Reason: dammit

Members who have read this thread: 0