stupid newbie question: Raceface turbine & blackspire monoveloce- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

stupid newbie question: Raceface turbine & blackspire monoveloce

I bought a set of race face turbine cranks isis and a blackspire monoveloce chainrings for my SS build. These are what people seemed to recommend. What is the proper way to bolt the ring to the crank? Should it sit on top of the cranks, if so the arm makes contact with the ring, which prevents it from sitting flush. Does it go behind the crank and if so, I guess I need to use shorter bolts to hold it snug or some sort of bash ring on top? What additional parts needed?

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:
    It looks like the chainring was cut so as to sit on top of the crank arm spindle, but the arm rubs in the back which prevents the ring from sitting completely flush. If I run it underneath, what parts are needed and where should i get them?
    Last edited by 41ants; 07-09-2008 at 07:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Put the ring behind the crank for the best chainline, you're getting interference because the cranks are designed to run a 42-44t ring in the outside position. Get a set of single-ring bolts or run a bashguard.

mtbr member
    Depending on the hub you are using, the chainline may require the chainring on the outside. If that is so, just grind/file the chainring where it interferes, btdt. But first, try flipping the ring over.

one chain loop
    the ring was designed to be the middle ring. when you look at the back of your chainring, the hole is chamfered with purpose, its where your chainring bolts seat. either buy a bashring or shorter bolts.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

Members who have read this thread: 0