Story! Just Riding Along...- Mtbr.com
    Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

Story! Just Riding Along...

on my 8 year old On-One Inbred ss Saturday night about 1 a.m. on my way home from a friends party. I was only mostly wrecked, not totally, so it was okay.

In my zone, but staring at the ground, I turned down my street when suddenly I sensed something was wrong. I looked up in just enough time to grab a handful of brakes and slightly smash into the back of a brand new drunk 2008 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 which came out of nowhere!

I collect myself and start laughing. I look my bike over and it's fine. I look myself over and I'm fine. I go home thinking nothing could have happened to the truck.

On Sunday I look everything over again and no damage to me or bike. I ride over to my neighbors house to tell him I ran into his truck on my bicycle and we should look at it to make sure it's okay. We had a hearty laugh about this. I asked him if he found any brown sunglasses (I was wearing them on top of my head, no helmet lectures please) and sure enough they had popped off and landed in his truck bed.

Then I look at Terry and tell him I think I owe him money. We look at the bumper and sure enough there are two small dents which we lined up perfectly with my knuckles wrapped around my handlebars. Terry is the manager of the local Dodge dealership body shop, no problems...

Moral of the story, even if you don't have to, confess to your stupidity because sometimes kharma rewards you. Don't buy weaksauce Dodge pickup trucks.

True story, pics forthcoming...
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I actualy liked reading that. you are a good story teller...

organically fed
    I like to bike drunk.

mtbr member
    edit your post, right baout here: brand new drunk 2008 Dodge 3/4

"brand new truck 2008 Dodge 3/4"

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t!
    I like to bike drunk.
    Be careful, it is illegal to do so on public roads. It is still OWI. I do feel invincible while mountain biking whilst drunk.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    edit your post, right baout here: brand new drunk 2008 Dodge 3/4

"brand new truck 2008 Dodge 3/4"

no, no...that truck had been drinking and jumped out in front of me.
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhippy
    no, no...that truck had been drinking and jumped out in front of me.
    Ah, that cleared that up for me, thanks.

fp
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

Cheezy Rider
    Yes, Karma can be your friend. When I was much younger I forgot to set my parking brake when I went to visit my cousin. When I left her house the car was gone...half a block down the street, buried in the side of a van. When I found the owner of the van, he said, "That old thing? Who cares about little dent, forget about it." Couldn't believe it.

Members who have read this thread: 0