Still at it -- '13 Kona Honzo- Mtbr.com
    Out spokin'

Still at it -- '13 Kona Honzo

Howdy, y'all. Well, look who's back at mtbr. Never left mountain biking tho I admit my riding time's been split between SS & {gasp} gearies for a couple years now. Anyway I just built up a new SS so I thought I'd get back into mtbr's slimy SS hot tub wit y'all. I actually miss several of you losers. Even Chump. Well, kinda.

Here's the link to my new sled on the Kona forum.

Oh yeah, plus a teaser pic:

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

MTB NOLA
    Howdy Doody.. welcome back!

mtbr member
    My cousin has that bike and it's pretty fun.... for a 29er.

edit - The main difference I noticed between it and my 26 hardtail was it took more effort to go airborne. I figure its the big wheels. Once it was in the air it had a good attitude though.
    Last edited by boostin; 12-02-2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: context

Apr 2007
    Just had to log in to say, that's a swanky lookin ride. I may be headed to Oregon/Portland coming spring. If I end up bringing my bike, will give you a shout.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Wondered where you had gone. I saw you riding with a few folks at the dirt road at the top of Cloverpatch in mid-October with Vic from Universal Cycles. How are you liking that Minion 29er prototype.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    Just had to log in to say, that's a swanky lookin ride. I may be headed to Oregon/Portland coming spring. If I end up bringing my bike, will give you a shout.
    Look me up! I'm known locally as Davey Sprockett (Disciples of Dirt MBC, an IMBA Chapter); you can e-me from the DOD forum. I'll be heading to Gooseberry Mesa & points SW the last week in March... otherwise, I'll be around & ready to show you some Pacific NorthWet local mud!
    disciplesofdirt.org

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    Wondered where you had gone. I saw you riding with a few folks at the dirt road at the top of Cloverpatch in mid-October with Vic from Universal Cycles. How are you liking that Minion 29er prototype.
    Damn... you shoulda said something. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. The 29x2.5 Maxxis Minion DHF is the best tire I've ever ridden... but I'm one to overlook weight (obviously... I'm riding a Honzo). I lugged that baby in SS trim up to Windy Pass two days ago for a romp down Alpine. All is well in my world.
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Damn... you shoulda said something. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. The 29x2.5 Maxxis Minion DHF is the best tire I've ever ridden... but I'm one to overlook weight (obviously... I'm riding a Honzo). I lugged that baby in SS trim up to Windy Pass two days ago for a romp down Alpine. All is well in my world.
    No worries. I didn't know it was you until I was talking with my riding partners on the way home. You were with the group that had one person shear the pivot bolt on her titus. Tell Maxxis to send that tire to the masses! The 26" version is my favorite tire.

The need for singlespeed
    Nice--looks like a 26er with those proportions!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by zaskaranddriver View Post
    Nice--looks like a 26er with those proportions!
    LOL... I get that a lot.
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I really wish I had a Honzo instead of a Unit. Not such a biggie though.

How do you go without a remote lockout on that fork? I don't think I'd ride a SS hardtail without one. Love my SID XX, wish it was a Revy though. I reckon that the Xloc on the left under the bar is the most discreet and easy to use remote out of all of them. Though, on top like its intended (if you have shifters), not so good.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanik View Post
    I really wish I had a Honzo instead of a Unit. Not such a biggie though.

How do you go without a remote lockout on that fork? I don't think I'd ride a SS hardtail without one. Love my SID XX, wish it was a Revy though. I reckon that the Xloc on the left under the bar is the most discreet and easy to use remote out of all of them. Though, on top like its intended (if you have shifters), not so good.
    Yeah, I used to ride a SS with a remote lockout fork (Reba) and I loved it. Used it all the time and couldn't imagine making the bike work without it on the ups. But this fork doesn't have a remote lockout... yet somehow... it works.

I could reach down to lock it out, but I rarely do. I admit I get off & employ my 24" gear (2 feet) once in a while.
    disciplesofdirt.org

Members who have read this thread: 0