Ssuk06- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ssuk06

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ssuk06

British SS champs took place today, Hamsterley Forest up in the north east, lots of riders from all ove the country and a fine young chap from France, damn fine weather, fantastic hard course (300metre climb on 3 x 7 miles laps) hard tricky descents, lots of 29ers in evidence (Rigs mostly) couple of fixies (pure madness on the slippy descent), lots of beer drunk, lots of pizza eaten,

big shout out to Nightfire who did the majority of the organisation

some pics here for you all

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    A bloody good day, on a bloody hard course. Well worth the effort, and not forgetting a big thank you to everyone who made it all possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I had a fantastic time as well - lot of fun with a lot of cool people around. My first time at such an event and it was just a so much nicer atmosphere than regular racing. Many thanks to everyone involved, whether organising, riding, racing or just being there!

Sam

mtbr member
    Looks like a bloody good time.

Talley ho!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Most pics should appear here over the next few days

http://ssuk2006.com/pictures/

Fixed wasn't so bad. The worst bit was the rut and mud on one corner that had me dabbing on each lap.
    Coming through that wall was funny. Pretty close ot closing eyes to ensure negotiation of the slabs of wall on the floor :0)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yeah, I'd have had a fantastic weekend even without winning the Solitude custom build. I'm still pretty stunned about that.

Thanks again to Phil, Andy, Andy, Raoul and all the marshals and organisers. And to the pizza place in Wolsingham od course, and whichever brewery supplied the free beer which was way nicer than the John Smiths I'd lugged up with me.

Members who have read this thread: 0