Witty McWitterson

SS's I saw at Interwhore---er bike....

I focused mainly on 29" in my hour off at lunch, but did manage to take some shots of the cooler SS bikes I saw. This Moots is by far the coolest though....Love the fork. So its a rohloff hub. Its still got no der, and that's cool in my book.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a regular guy.

¡Manos arriba!

Yummie!

Perfect for an afternoon out on the (frozen) lake, followed by a bowl of Poutine and a cold beer

Witty McWitterson
    Probably the prettiest ride there was the Canyon Racer. All done up cruiser style w/custom saddle and grips. Certainly looked like fun. Never got a chance to talk to the guy though. Sorry for the bad pics on this one...
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Bianchi SASS and GUSS. Couldn't find the PUSS. All pretty fun lookin' rigs.
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Surly Pugsly (what is it thats so cool about snow bikes?) and new color on the Monkey. I like the brown!
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Just plain pretty. Found this in a frame building parts booth. Or so it seemed.
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Spot booth only had one bike, lots of clothes(thanks for the Jersey!) and a certain DirtRag cover model. Got that poster! Really cool folks there. Support Spot if you can!
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Sycip Javaboy and Indy Townie. Same style bike from opposite coasts. And they're both sweet as cream butter. As is the hottie in the background in the IF pic. She was damned cute.
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Fisher's Rig. No more Bonty rigid fork. Not meeting durability standards or something like that....in its stead the bike will come with the Reba. Good or Bad I don't know, I'll leave that to the crowd. Killer purple color though.
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    Phil Wood. Didn't get the track bike. Bummer on that one, but oh man was it killer. Like the MTB's weren't....
    Just a regular guy.

Witty McWitterson
    And from the oddity file...a 29" jumper/bmx/4x bike. It comes with a tensioner(so it has the requisite hanger) and has disc mounts front and rear, 3pc cromo cranks and $700 retail. Two sizes, 15", 17". We'll see how it goes. I may try to get one just to have it...I dunno. Might be fun...
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Canyon Racer?!

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Probably the prettiest ride there was the Canyon Racer. All done up cruiser style w/custom saddle and grips. Certainly looked like fun. Never got a chance to talk to the guy though. Sorry for the bad pics on this one...
    Good looking cruiser! I know you didn't get a chance to speak with the chap manning the booth, but did you catch the name of the outfit that built the bike? By the way, thanks for taking the time to post the pics!

34N 118W

Bruce Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by thaumazein
    Good looking cruiser! I know you didn't get a chance to speak with the chap manning the booth, but did you catch the name of the outfit that built the bike? By the way, thanks for taking the time to post the pics!
    Bruce may have built it, it was near his other beautiful bike that I didn't get a shot of. SS commuter type with handmade titanium wire baskets in back. So much attention to detail...

mtbr member

of mice and 29'ers

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Bruce may have built it, it was near his other beautiful bike that I didn't get a shot of. SS commuter type with handmade titanium wire baskets in back. So much attention to detail...
    If I get a 29'er some day, it will be a Karate. If I don't, it won't be a GF Rig.

Too bad I didn't bring my camera to show you the most abominable of all bikes...the Street Surfer (http://www.streetsurfer.com.au/). It was a bmx-ish abomination that claimed to turn faster and safer than an ordinary bike. This thing had four overgrown dirt-board pneumatic tires, all latched up to a skate truck type of smafashaboe contraption.

Gotta give credit to the manufacturer, but I wouldn't want to get a small flat and then look like a pansy on the side of the trail asking people for a carnation.

Some "inventions," albeit, somewhat...uh....how do you say...? um..."smart?" Yeah, some inventions, altough smart, won't be useful to the masses. Perhaps to knockoffs from overseas, I don't think many of the so called "new" products will move on.

Just give me a coconut popsicle and pinch my butt. I am Ernesto from Wisconsin and I just like my hardtails caffeinated with the ENOs. I am gathering pennies to move on to the next level of ENO...ENO disc.

I also need donations for my next road project...ENOised White Ind. fixie. All ENO, all bike, all badass...

I'm tired. Annabel likes to share her mysery at 3 am...

Ever seen the movie about this one guy who likes to dress up like a bat and attack bad guys at night...? I think I might pick up on something similar. Except all I have is a towel for a cape (an old green towel, Sarah would kill me if I used one of our good towels from Kohl's), old speedos I used to wear when I did triathlons back in the day...my swimming goggles, a helmet, my winter gloves, and a pair of cowboy boots to protect my shins.

...Hartland, WI: population 3,000. Criminals will fear ME!

I will pretend to ride what the cape crusader rides. A black vehicle. Except, mine will fit between my legs. If I use the Jeep Liberty, Sarah will castrate me with a broken light bulb. Not my car, belongs to her because she does the payments, all I pay is insurance.

I ate alot of peanuts earlier. Sarah and Annabel don't want to be near me...so I am listening to iTunes radio...did I ever tell you that Duran Duran sucks?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

nice shots

some cool rides in there. The 29er dirt jumper is interesting and whats up with the East Coast Chopper wheels on the Moots...pretty cool.

One request, next time get the Indy girl to sit on the bike for your photo! The spot poster is just so last year

thanks for bringing home some shots for those of us who don't make it out there

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    not SS, but basket-bike pictured here:
    http://cyclesdeoro.com/Interbike/2004/photos_5.htm

mtbr member
    What about Ellsworth's entry. Maybe it's me, but the two just don't mix.
    People don't think it be like it is, but it do - Oscar Gamble

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Surly Pugsly (what is it thats so cool about snow bikes?)
    I couldn't imagine that I would want or need another bicycle. After seeing this, it has all changed. I'm all over this thing. Now I just need to move to a place where it snows more often.
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

Witty McWitterson
    Saw the Ellsworth, looked at it even, but I don't like the company, so I didn't take the shot. Sorry. Was a cool orange though.
    Just a regular guy.

The Ultimate Niche

Tummy Teaser

Me liky-like the belly in the background....mmmmm belly

Was it just me...or did anyone else notice the scores of hotties walk'n around!!!!

Penis Goat!
    Hm, I'll bet some people will be pissed about the Rig's disappearing rigid fork. Will that drive up prices? At least there are 29er rigid forks out there that'll fit.

Speaking of 29er rigids, that's one pretty colour on the KMonkey. In a couple years, I'm a-gonna get myself one of those.

What's the deal with the fat-tired bikes? Is that the new thing? They should be pink.

mtbr member

what should be pink?

Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    Hm, I'll bet some people will be pissed about the Rig's disappearing rigid fork. Will that drive up prices? At least there are 29er rigid forks out there that'll fit.

Speaking of 29er rigids, that's one pretty colour on the KMonkey. In a couple years, I'm a-gonna get myself one of those.

What's the deal with the fat-tired bikes? Is that the new thing? They should be pink.
    What should be pink? the frames or the tires?

Kidding.

Pink pisses me off. Like the pink highlighter pen sitting on my desk...

Witty McWitterson
    Hotties indeed! I really liked being near the bathrooms. Lots of action goin' in an' out. That's what I liked best about the show actually...
    Just a regular guy.

Penis Goat!
    Hotties indeed! I really liked being near the bathrooms. Lots of action goin' in an' out. That's what I liked best about the show actually...
    You mean action when you went in? What exactly is goin' in an' out? I'm so frightened.

The race, not the animal!

what camera did you use

Your pics came out great. Mine sucked and were way to dark. I had a Canon S200. THanks in advance.
    Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount a Single Speed!. This is your moment. Ride On !!!