Sscandium Ss- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sscandium Ss

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Is it because its not PINK?

This is my second Single Speed. The first was purchased on ebay last year and was meant to be a "play" bike. It was decent Schwinn Moab convert which ended up being a blast and ridden on almost every ride. The Tomac just sat in the basement weighted down with gears and cobwebs. Obviously a ride this sweet should be used so it was converted to SS and now is basically the only bike in the stable.

This is the first time I've really used my new camera so forgive the less than perfect pics...

The build:

Tomac Scandium Frame (either built by Ventana or the Tomac shop in Colorado)
    Manitou Black 100/120 coil sprung Fork
    XTR Levers and Rear Brake
    Avid Disc Front
    Mavic/ Onyx hub Front
    Mavic 519/ XT hub rear
    Race Face Bars
    Easton Stem
    Thomson Post
    WTB seat
    Super Secret Custom 180mm Cranks
    32X18
    Tioga 2.3 DH Front Tire
    WTB MotoRaptor 2.24 rear.

This Bike Couldn't be nicer to ride. Not sure if its the scandium tubing or just the sweet design. I can't imagine having anything nicer. (well I guess I could imagine).

Coming Soon, ENO! although the Singleator has given me ZERO problems.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sloth; 05-03-2004 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Its not Pink

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

That is sweet!

Hey man, I just wanted to say NICE RIDE! That looks to be a Super Trail worthy East Coast SSingletrack Slayer. In fact it looks just like Mine. Wow! What a coincidence! Maybe I will see you on the Trails! Peace Man!

mountain bike pimp
    nice rig
    "sometimes i'm too much man for my own damn self"-undercover brother

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Is it because its not Pink?

Kind of feeling like the redheaded stepchild of the forum right now..... I posted my bike which I thought would maybe spark a little interest. I mean it is a pretty rare beast which I have outfitted pretty nicely. It aint no P*ss Off or anything but Hey if everyone rode a Five thousand dollar wunderbike then I think life may get boring. Is it the grainy out of focus pictures? I mean how many 1x1's can people look at before they start jonesing for something different? Look, here it is, a bright red Scandium Framed SingleSpeed with a very unique Frame Design. Just for the Kicker it was made right here in the USA by some pretty damn good welders.... Who designed it? Well a notable fellow by the name of Bradburry was the man who came up with the design. Who is this Tomac Fellow? No idea, although I hear he used to ride bikes back when that was the cool thing to do. Was it made in Taiwan? Heck no, this was made right here in America, most likely by this cool shop named VENTANA. In fact its serial # is 351, sure weren't a whole lot made were there? No there weren't. How does it ride? Never thought you'd ask, Stiff side to Side but nice and soft up and down. Must be that cool design. How about the parts? Well How about them, some new, some not. All pretty nice. Jeez I can't believe all questons. This is what posting on the internet must be all about.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thank is a really cool looking bike.
    What size is the frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Don't be in such a rush to post a picture

with a distracting backround, fork boot out of place, rear brake cable sticking, rear brake cable cover out of place, etc.

You might try Enduro seals and get rid of those mini-boots.

Nice bike though and it's great that the conversion works for you. Tomac is one of the great ones. BMX, DH, XC, criteriums, road, he did it all.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by steelbike
    with a distracting backround, fork boot out of place, rear brake cable sticking, rear brake cable cover out of place, etc.

You might try Enduro seals and get rid of those mini-boots.

Nice bike though and it's great that the conversion works for you. Tomac is one of the great ones. BMX, DH, XC, criteriums, road, he did it all.

No rush, was just cleaning it and wanted to shoot pictures. Obviously the brake cable goes back to its original spot. As far as the boots go, that one came up on me the other day and I haven't had much luck in getting it to stay in place. No biggie though as It is in need of its yearly service. Yes it is a nice distracting background, obviously my skills as a photographer are still developing. Need to start somewhere I guess. the Size is a "large" I think. The biggest one they made, it has a very long TT but nice standover. Did I mention it rides nice?

The name's Norm...
    Dig that rear triangle! Sweet!!

mtbr member
    Or green with jealousy.