SS virgin no more..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SS virgin no more..

I took my maiden voyage on my new GT Peace 9r today and WOW! While it seemed like I pushed it more that I wanted to, the ride was awesome. I will work on the hills so that I ride them more than I push it up.
    P.S Any other SS riders in NE AR?

808+909 = Party Good Time
    I'm no where near NE AR, I'm in Australia but I'm a super proud 2008 GT Peace 9r owner and wanted to say good choice... it's a mint bike, especially for the $$$! Just keep riding and the hills seem to get flatter... Keep rockin, lovin' it

mtbr member
    Thanks for the encouragement. This forum, all the info and the $$ lead me to the Peace. It is spec'd out pretty decent and seems bulletproof. I have the new teal green color which helps me standout from others on the trail that much more.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Mines the plum cos they only import one colour to Aus... but plum is just fine with me

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey, I just got a Peace 9r also . Mine is last years model (no discs) and it's white. I've been riding it alot lately-what a blast. Adds a new dimension to riding huh?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I live in Memphis, TN. If you are ever around here, there are quite a few single speeders that ride here.

mtbr member
    It really is different than what I was expecting. My last bike that I raced a little was a Specialized Epic FS and this is completely to the other side of the spectrum. It is so simple and fun to ride. I like not having to tinker with any cables or adjustments before each ride, just jump on and go.

Where do you guys ride in Memphis?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    We ride a handle full of trails around here, each being completely different. Shelby farms has a couple with the Tour De Wolfe, and Wolf River Trails. There is Stanky creek, Herb Parson's, and Lakeland trails.

The Lakeland Trails are my favorite, being only 6-7 miles but having some of the best fast, rolling hills, and technical parts you can find around Memphis.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the trail info.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I also purchased a GT Peace 9er SS. I think it is a great bike for the $. A blast to ride. I have mostly had mine on bike paths, and roads around town. I can't wait to get it on some singletrack.

Members who have read this thread: 0