ss team rips moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

ss team rips moab

i was down in moab this weekend for the insane 24 hours of moab. i was one of the lucky ones riding a single speed. the funny thing is everyone was basically running single speed since their bikes quit shifting after a short bit. but the sweetest thing is that a single speed team, the jack mormon militia, won the team overall race. a fully rigid ss team beat all the pro teams. that is awesome. i know everyone camped around me was a little jealous of the single speeders since we weren't destroying five thousand dollar bikes. as far as my race,well my lap times weren't as fast as these guys but i didn't have any problems except for brake issues and some small tears in my incredible hulk costume. here is a link to the final overall results of laps finished.
    http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/p...andings_flag=1
    i want to say congratulations to those guys for killing it in moab. that is sick.

Gears4Good.org
    Quote Originally Posted by dtimms
    ...my incredible hulk costume.
    if you're serious, you better have pics. that's friggin hilarious.

mtbr member
    Oh man, I passed plenty of the poor bastards trying to work their gears in the muck. It got ugly out there but my single chugged right through. Congrats to those guys, that's awesome!
    All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back.

Having a nice day!
    Great job! Interesting how much the lap times on the last few laps increased so much. I'm guessing it is weather related based on the write up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Singlespeeds won the 24 hrs at Canmore , Alberta

Our 4 man singlespeed team won the open category at Canmore this year by 1 lap. The course was fast and dry. Only "mechanicals were 1 flat and 1 crash.

Members who have read this thread: 0