SS road trip- Mtbr.com

Thread: SS road trip

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

SS road trip

Ok, so my buddy and I are considering doing little weekend mtb trip in a few weeks. We're single speeders, in fine shape, and looking for something within 4 hours of Virginia. Prefer technical stuff (skinnies, fast, rocky descents, etc.). Would like enough trail to keep us busy for at least 2 days

That being said, anyone have any suggestions for where to head?? Asheville/Pisgah, NC is the only one on the table right now.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Pisgah is awesome. I am living here for the time being and like the riding. I would highly recommend riding Pisgah
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the advice. Any specific trails/areas you think would be good to look at? We're thinking only two days of riding - lots of technical and steep slopes down (but we'd prefer not to have to get off and walk steep inclines every 5 minutes).

mtbr member
    not real sure, I have only ridden out there a couple of times. Living in asheville it is just quicker to ride Bent Creek, which is also awesome, but not pisgah. DuPont state forrest is another good one to look at, along with bent creek. ask the same question on the north south carolina forum.
    Ride & Smile

Members who have read this thread: 0