SS rear hub question - lockring thread pitch?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

SS rear hub question - lockring thread pitch?

I have a singlespeed rear hub that I want to use, it is a short freehub body style, where I could put a few spacers on to adjust the chainline, but there is only threading on the very end for a lockring (not internal threading, external like old school Cup/Cone BB lockrings).

I have loosely tried to thread said BB lockring on, not very aggressively, but it does bind up after 1-1.5 turns. I'm sure this could vary based on the hub, but is there a chance anybody knows the thread pitch/diameter I should look for? I've also found a few cheap origin8/sunlite ones quickly through a google/QBP/JBI search, so I might just end up that way.
    Trying to utilize more of the crap I have in the basement instead of letting it collect up more.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rides Bikes View Post
    I have a singlespeed rear hub that I want to use, it is a short freehub body style, where I could put a few spacers on to adjust the chainline, but there is only threading on the very end for a lockring (not internal threading, external like old school Cup/Cone BB lockrings).

I have loosely tried to thread said BB lockring on, not very aggressively, but it does bind up after 1-1.5 turns. I'm sure this could vary based on the hub, but is there a chance anybody knows the thread pitch/diameter I should look for? I've also found a few cheap origin8/sunlite ones quickly through a google/QBP/JBI search, so I might just end up that way.
    Trying to utilize more of the crap I have in the basement instead of letting it collect up more.

Thanks!
    You want to look for a lockring labeled BC1.37x24T, have gotten some nice stainless FSA brand off ebay on the cheaps for my GT in the past, getting harder to find though.
    Canfield Riot SS
    ROS9+ SS
    ROS9 SS
    GT Peace 9R SS