SS/Fixxing my roadbike-ENO?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SS/Fixxing my roadbike-ENO?

I'm thinking of converting my roadbike for mostly fixed gear use with an ENO eccentric. I went to the White site and it seems like they make an ENO ecc spaced for roadframes (126mm, right?), but they don't sell them on bulit rear wheels as far as I can see. Also, none of the usual suspects seem to carry the roadie version (webcyclery, etc). Anyone use this on their roadie/townie? Any leads on where I can pick one up (maybe at a better price than the full MSRP on the White site) and have the wheel built up while I'm at it?

Thanks.
    Porrick

surlysoul

spacing

What year is your road bike or what speed was your rear wheel when it was geared some are 130 spacing I am sure any lbs will build the wheel for you

mtbr member

ENO fixie Surly Pacer

Quote Originally Posted by 1GearBeer
    I'm thinking of converting my roadbike for mostly fixed gear use with an ENO eccentric. I went to the White site and it seems like they make an ENO ecc spaced for roadframes (126mm, right?), but they don't sell them on bulit rear wheels as far as I can see. Also, none of the usual suspects seem to carry the roadie version (webcyclery, etc). Anyone use this on their roadie/townie? Any leads on where I can pick one up (maybe at a better price than the full MSRP on the White site) and have the wheel built up while I'm at it?

Thanks.
    I'm in the middle of putting together a fixed, ENOized Surly Pacer. What frame will you put the ENO on?
    You can call White Ind and order direct, but it will be at retail price. They have all the sizes in house of course. Because of the ENO popularity (not just the eccentric), it's hard to do the supply vs demand thing right now, but my pals at White Ind are fullfilling orders day and night.

My $0.02

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Singling/fixing my roadbike

It's a 1998/9 Schwinn Peloton (their remake of the Paramount frame) --actually, a pretty decent steel frame for the price. It's wearing 9spd Ultegra hubs w/ pretty-much-farked CPX33 rims. I figured, if I'm gonna get a new wheelset, why not build up the rear with an ENO and a decent all-purpose rim (maybe a Mavic Open Pro). Maybe I'd ride it more often......

Yeah, I guess my LBS could build it. A past wheelbuilding experience with them was less than satisfying (wheels were laced inproperly/unsafely, and had to be torn down and rebuilt). Now, Mean Todd, he built me up my SS wheels real good-- and fast too. I was hoping to go back to him......
    Porrick

surlysoul
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GearBeer
    It's a 1998/9 Schwinn Peloton (their remake of the Paramount frame) --actually, a pretty decent steel frame for the price. It's wearing 9spd Ultegra hubs w/ pretty-much-farked CPX33 rims. I figured, if I'm gonna get a new wheelset, why not build up the rear with an ENO and a decent all-purpose rim (maybe a Mavic Open Pro). Maybe I'd ride it more often......

Yeah, I guess my LBS could build it. A past wheelbuilding experience with them was less than satisfying (wheels were laced inproperly/unsafely, and had to be torn down and rebuilt). Now, Mean Todd, he built me up my SS wheels real good-- and fast too. I was hoping to go back to him......
    Your rear spacing is 130 mm

Fahrrad fahren

Harris?

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fixed.html#wheels

ENO / MA3 $250 126, 130 and 135 spacings

H
    Fixing Frederick Coasting Carroll Wandering Washington

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks --should'a known Sheldon'd have it.....(nm)

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalti
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fixed.html#wheels

ENO / MA3 $250 126, 130 and 135 spacings

H
    ngdfm
    Porrick