SS Endurance racing calendar- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

SS Endurance racing calendar

Hello! I'm hoping to do some long-distance (>30 miles) races next year. Anyone know of a good, comprehensive race calendar for SS? I'm limited to the Intermountain West, but I'm hoping to get in a few races. Can't stand getting my ass handed to me by the preteens at the local race series, and I just seem to have a better knack for the longer stuff. Anyone know of such a calendar or have any suggestions for races? Thanks!

SS Pusher Man
    Since you can race SS at just about any event....just start by looking for races in you area....join some of the local bike clubs, check with the LBS's. I am sure they are around.

And honestly......30 miles is not really considered an endurance event. Most will start at 50 miles and go up from there.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Since you can race SS at just about any event....just start by looking for races in you area....join some of the local bike clubs, check with the LBS's. I am sure they are around.

And honestly......30 miles is not really considered an endurance event. Most will start at 50 miles and go up from there.
    Both things good to know. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Where exactly are you located? "Intermountain West" could mean a lot of areas!

Laramie Enduro in southeastern WY has a SS category. (Race has nothing to do with the modern day "enduro" term... it's a 68 mile race)

Rocky Mountain Endurance series in CO has races of varying lengths, and SS category

Two places to get you started if you're anywhere near those places

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm coming from SLC - it doesn't really matter if the races are in NV, CO, UT, WY, ID, or AZ as long as they look like a good time. I'm definitely looking more at XC than enduro. I'd sign up for the Park City Point 2 Point but it seems to fill up within an hour of registration opening.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    https://rockyroad5050.wordpress.com link to arizona long races

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Endurance Mountain Bike Race Calendar

race calendar by month for mostly long stuff

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynchonite View Post
    I'm coming from SLC - it doesn't really matter if the races are in NV, CO, UT, WY, ID, or AZ as long as they look like a good time. I'm definitely looking more at XC than enduro. I'd sign up for the Park City Point 2 Point but it seems to fill up within an hour of registration opening.
    I'd look into the Laramie Enduro for sure (like I said, nothing to do with "enduro" with how we define it now). 68 miles, some technical challenges. And very very very well run!

There's also Pierre's Hole 100 up in Grand Targhee. They have varying lengths. Most of it is on single track and the scenery is awesome

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post

Be aware that calendar, although it runs through the end of this year, has not yet been updated with stuff for next year. But it is going to be updated, and it sounds like pretty soon. Ben is a pretty busy guy, but I know that's on his radar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I'm from SLC, and have to say it's nicely centralized to quite a few endurance events. True Grit 100, Park City P2P, Gunnison Growler, Pierre's Hole 100, and the 6 and 25hrs of Frog Hollow. Wouldn't worry too much about the P2P filling up quickly, people are always looking to transfer their registration come August.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    Be aware that calendar, although it runs through the end of this year, has not yet been updated with stuff for next year. But it is going to be updated, and it sounds like pretty soon. Ben is a pretty busy guy, but I know that's on his radar.
    That I do know...but most of these events that are well established will probably happen again next year and probably be in approximately the same location and time of year...it's still a good way to get the search rolling

mtbr member
    That Laramie Enduro looks pretty awesome. My dad's side of the family is from Wyoming. Would be tempted to race that one next year but I don't do well at altitude as I'm pretty much at sea level.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    That Laramie Enduro looks pretty awesome. My dad's side of the family is from Wyoming. Would be tempted to race that one next year but I don't do well at altitude as I'm pretty much at sea level.
    Yeah, it is at altitude indeed... ranges from 7200-9000 feet for the entire race. On the bright side, when you return home, you'll be suffocating on all the oxygen!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post

Sweeeeeet.

That Laramie Enduro does actually look pretty much like what I'm thinking of, too. Wyoming just keeps surprising me.