SS Dagger- Mtbr.com

Thread: SS Dagger

mtbr member

SS Dagger

I am thinking about turning this into a singlespeed is this a decent frame to use, I have never heard of Dagger and can't find any web info on them. I did get it for $75.00 on e-bay so no big loss if it does not pan out. Thanks for any info or feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paramountz
    I am thinking about turning this into a singlespeed is this a decent frame to use, I have never heard of Dagger and can't find any web info on them. I did get it for $75.00 on e-bay so no big loss if it does not pan out. Thanks for any info or feedback.
    From what my faulty memory can muster I think Dagger was a builder located in Orange Co. CA and built a full suspension frame utlizing the Horst design marketed by AMP Research. The biggest problem with the bikes is that they were so lightweight that they were flexy and prone to snapping. I think they also used the AMP shock which was junk. I could be wrong...

I don't remember much about their rigid frame but I think it was considered to be pretty nice. I think Dagger went out of biz 3+ years ago although I could be wrong about that too!

Jim

Pain-meister!
    Feb 2004
    Dagger had a couple of different hardtails...the better one was made out of Easton Elite tubing, welded by the same people that were building Quintana Roo frames. Yeah, the FS bikes were flexy due to the AMP rear end (but DID allow a very light frame)...mine tended to auto-steer into ruts, etc. The hardtails were well built. I raced for Dan in the late 90's; great guy, great bikes, TERRIBLE businessman.

Oh...he built an INCREDIBLE road bike, the Stiletto. I LOVED mine, until the Easton Aero tubing finally developed a crack at a water bottle mount 1 1/2 yrs ago...broke my heart when that frame died.