SS Is awesome but...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SS Is awesome but...

I went from a 1x9 to SS, it was great, simple, quiet etc. Then I swapped out my susp. fork
    for a rigid one. It got even better. Then I pulled abunch of Ab muscles on a climb, bummer.
    At 47 it's taking a long time to heal.(i'm suprised, I've been riding forever and train at the gym 4 days a week) So I reluctantly had to go back to my 1x9 so I could ride again. But I kept my rigid fork, it's lighter and more responsive than my Manitou. I had fun while it lasted and SS IS the way to go, too bad I got injured. Maybe I'll try it again in the spring. Thanks SS'ers.

velofix
    Dec 2006
    Look, I'm 56 and ride a rigid fixed gear, my beloved converted Wicked Fat Chance. Don't be discouraged. Given your conditioning, all other things being equal, you probably could very easily have pulled your ab muscles riding the geared bike, too. It was just the situation you were in, not so much the bike.

You'll heal. A few extra crunches to further strengthen those abs and you'll be golden. I find crunches and back extensions over a swiss ball to be really effective.

Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0