ogarajef@luther.edu

Spam: Rig 29er SS Wheelset

"RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

Neg reppers r my biatches
    you are a selling machine as of late

Florida Trail Monkey

Question

This seems like a very good deal, but I have a question.

I've heard others complain about the Rig's weight. Some about rolling weight in the wheels. Are they really that super heavy? Is that why you're replacing them?

I'd like to build a 29er and these seem like a good, fairly cheap wheelset to get started with. I can upgrade later, so weight isn't a show-stopper unless it's ridiculous.

Please let me know.
    Thanks

bike geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckman4
    This seems like a very good deal, but I have a question.

I've heard others complain about the Rig's weight. Some about rolling weight in the wheels. Are they really that super heavy? Is that why you're replacing them?

I'd like to build a 29er and these seem like a good, fairly cheap wheelset to get started with. I can upgrade later, so weight isn't a show-stopper unless it's ridiculous.

Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Personally, I think the Rig wheelset is a no-brainer in your case. I picked mine up here in the classifieds and put 3 cogs on for a 1x3. Pretty happy so far, from a $/grin perspective. I can't seem to find the actual weight of the hub anywhere, but I'm sure they're relatively heavy compared to Kings, DT, Hadley, etc. That's not rotational weight really though, just weight. The real rotational weight of my personal wheelset is in the Exiwolfs, not the hubs .

To me, the wheels are worth having just for the OSB Mustang disc rims alone. If I blow up the Bonty hub, or decide it really is too heavy, I'll just build a new wheelset using the same rims with sexier hubs. For that price, you can't go wrong, especially if you're willing to upgrade later.

ogarajef@luther.edu

29er ss

I am a selling machine lately, I have a disease.

The wheelset doesn't seem overly heavy, but that is just by feel. I am selling because I got a great deal on a sweet set of DT wheels from MC.

This wheelset is used but in good condition. It will make a great starter wheelset for a 29 ss.

Recovering couch patato
    Bontrager hubs as used on the Rig obviously are probably as much as you can expect on a $1000 singlespeed bike, but the rims are really nice and pretty light. On the bike, the supplied Bontrager Jones AcX tires are actually the lightest in production, and hook up extremely well, especially the front, my favorite on loose over hardpack and gravel.

The Rig wheels have straight gauge spokes for extra bombproofness, I recall.

What makes the Rig truly a world class deal, is the $450 fork they put on it. If it were a similar Manitou fork, it would be more like $600 I'm sure.

ogarajef@luther.edu
    Here are some pics I just took.
    Attached Images Attached Images