Natural Born Singlespeeda

Spacing Phil Wood BMX Hub for Cyclocross use?

Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum and live in Germany.

Since I know there are a lot of bikers with Phil Wood Hubs here, I have a simple question for you:
    how may I convert a Rear hub spacing 110mm up to 130mm to fit in my Cyclocross frame?
    I don't weight much and don't matter if the solution is for QR oder bolt-on...

greetz
    maui

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would get ahold of Brent a Phil Wood to get the proper spacers. Chainline might be an issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by m(A)ui
    Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum and live in Germany.

Since I know there are a lot of bikers with Phil Wood Hubs here, I have a simple question for you:
    how may I convert a Rear hub spacing 110mm up to 130mm to fit in my Cyclocross frame?
    I don't weight much and don't matter if the solution is for QR oder bolt-on...

greetz
    maui
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    I would get ahold of Brent a Phil Wood to get the proper spacers. Chainline might be an issue though.
    I know from having a Phil Wood 110mm spacing rear BMX hub on my Monocog that the chainline back there is 43mm. Should be OK with a road crankset with the spacers/BB set up right, check the specs for the crankset you are using or want to use.

Yeah, check with Brent. I'm sure you can get spacers, just may need longer bolts then. I remember Brent telling me the bolt end should not be outside the bearing area of the hub.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

Members who have read this thread: 0