Source for single crank arm- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Source for single crank arm

I messed up the octalink interface on the drive side of a M952 crank. It's been like that for a while but gave up on me last weekend and won't stay in the 180 degree postion any longer. Anyone know if there is a place that will sell 1 arm only?

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!

Any LBS that orders from QBP

It's up on AEBike, and since they use the QBP interface, I believe that means any shop that orders from QBP can get it. The reason I'm not recommending QBP is because they have a note that says that Shimano prefers that they not sell over the Internet.

However, you might be able to find both arms NOS (on e-bay or here) for as much as you can buy just one arm from the LBS/QBP. It might be tough, but a few of my friends have bought a pair for $10-20 more than the single arm. Start scouring

Quote Originally Posted by kenais
    I messed up the octalink interface on the drive side of a M952 crank. It's been like that for a while but gave up on me last weekend and won't stay in the 180 degree postion any longer. Anyone know if there is a place that will sell 1 arm only?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

single crank arm

while we are on the subject
    recently discovered a crack on the
    non drive arm of my 180mm stylo ss
    crank
    has anyone cracked their dive side and has
    one they want to sell?

ogarajef@luther.edu

Stylo SS Crank

I need a drive side 180mm stylo, maybe we can work something out. Let me know.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've been looking. Damn 952 cranks cost $60 more now than they did 2 years ago, hard to figure with the release of a new model. For some reason not all QBP linked shops have the 180mm arms. Cheapest I have found is $101 at bikeman.com. The other option is to junk the set and buy an last years XT crank/BB. I believe they are still compatable with my Jericho ring?

Your bike sucks

ebay

Has your answers.

175 952 new BIN for $69 opening bid $59

There's other ones there too.

XC Geek
    No they're not compatible, the M739 is close but you have to grind the ring M750/751 are pressed in place. Occasionally M950 show up on E-Bay with Downhill rings or buy a set and sell the rings and left side arm. There's a set on E-Bay now for $175 (Buy it now) 175mm with spider, bash ring and 36t ring (not mine). you could sell the parts you don't need and come out OK.
    link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=56193

Do It Yourself
    I have an extra 175 M952 drive side arm that's in good shape. Logos are NOT rubbed off and splines are perfect. eMail me if interested...

cmclunn
    AT
    hotmail
    DOT
    com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the offer but I need a 180mm.

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Thanks for the offer but I need a 180mm.
    I don't remember the guy, maybe a search on the old boards will turn something up, but he used to occaisionally sell the older XTR cranks (the set) in 180mm for $105 I think, brand new. You could always go that route and then save your non-drive side one in case something happens.

DT

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    I think his name was Tom Palermo and he was up or around New York. (I was talking about you and romano earlier.) So that's even cheaper than I said!

Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    I don't remember the guy, maybe a search on the old boards will turn something up, but he used to occaisionally sell the older XTR cranks (the set) in 180mm for $105 I think, brand new. You could always go that route and then save your non-drive side one in case something happens.

DT

Fat Boy Deluxe

Oh yea

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    I think his name was Tom Palermo and he was up or around New York. (I was talking about you and romano earlier.) So that's even cheaper than I said!

Ha, yea that's the guy's name. I just looked, but I don't have his email anymore. I'm sure it's around in the forums though if you search for it. I believe I received the M951 instead of M952 though, don't know if that's a big deal for you. The price is right and they do look nice.

DT

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    Ha, yea that's the guy's name. I just looked, but I don't have his email anymore. I'm sure it's around in the forums though if you search for it. I believe I received the M951 instead of M952 though, don't know if that's a big deal for you. The price is right and they do look nice.

DT
    No difference between M951 and M952 crank arms. The only difference is the chainrings (8 vs 9 speed). I'm interested in a set of 180s too.

Fat Boy Deluxe

Info

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil

Aight, quick archive search gives me this:

Name: Tom Palermo
    Ebay ID: Safari10
    Email: tpalermo@fmtechnologies.com

Not sure if he will have anymore in stock, but if he does, he is great to deal with. I believe it was $105 for the cranks and $5 s&h. It's been awhile since I bought mine, but it seemed like he occaisionally would get a stock pile of them in stock.

DT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I emailed Tom, very quick response. Unfortunately he doesn't have any left.