Soul Cycles Hooligan!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Listen! Soul Cycles Hooligan!!!!

Bought one finally. $130 shipped. Here are some initial pics...I keep you posted as I build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Singlespeed since September 24, 2006.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Nice

Nice, where did you pick it up?
    "Nothing is free."

Fargo Ti / Jones TI Spaceframe SS / Mukluk Ti / Foundry Cross / Colnago Master / Cannondale Tandem

mtbr member
    ridesoul.com

the front page says raw frames are $99, but if you email them they will tell you that you can get the 19" flat black or any of the others they have in stock for $99.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Cantis

One more question for you; Are the cantilever studs removable?

Sweet deal. Have you figured out how you are going to build it up yet?

-Alex
    "Nothing is free."

Fargo Ti / Jones TI Spaceframe SS / Mukluk Ti / Foundry Cross / Colnago Master / Cannondale Tandem

mtbr member
    Yes, you can remove the brake studs. I bought the Hooligan frameset in Nov. and it was delivered with brake boss plugs installed instead of the studs. It's a great frame for the money. I can't wait for Soul Cycle 29" Dillinger frame to be available. The new Hooligan/Dillinger frames will have modular dropouts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I bought one too. 17" black.

I'm very pleased with it appearance-wise. Once I'm finished moving, I'll be swapping over everything from my 14.5" GT Avalanche frame. WAY too small for me.....

mtbr member
    yeah, the studs are removable.

i think i am going to get a surly 1x1 fork. i have a suspension fork now but i dont think i will ever put it on. I will save up and go straight to the rigid. thats all i really know right now.

mtbr member

Check with Soul...

Quote Originally Posted by tg6392
    yeah, the studs are removable.

i think i am going to get a surly 1x1 fork. i have a suspension fork now but i dont think i will ever put it on. I will save up and go straight to the rigid. thats all i really know right now.
    I think the Hooligan is suspension corrected for 100mm forks. They have their own rigid fork that is quite a bit longer than the Surly 1X1 fork...you might end up with steep angles and a lower BB if you run a too short fork. Maybe something like the matching Soul fork or an Instigator fork would work better.

mtbr member
    they mention a fork all over their site...but i cant find one! where is it and how can i get one?

mtbr member

Call them.

Quote Originally Posted by tg6392
    they mention a fork all over their site...but i cant find one! where is it and how can i get one?
    To see if they have any left. They used to be readily available with thhe purchase of a frame. You could also get the dimensions from them and compare that to existing forks on the market. Some that might work well are the Surly Instigator, Planet X used to make their Kniffen fork in a 100 mm model, both of those are pretty heavy though. If you're using disc brakes, you could even use a 29er fork like the Zion, Salsa Moto Grande, Surly Karate Monkey, On One Superlight, Bontrager Switchblade, Pace, etc...

Members who have read this thread: 0