Sore Hips- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sore Hips

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Sore Hips

After my last few rides I have sore hips. I was hoping that someone might be able to link me to some good stretches or some personal experiences they have had to combat sore hips after a few hard rides.

Thanks,

Gotta pay to play
    Do these six stretches.
    Do them for 30 seconds on each side
    Do them twice
    Do them as soon as you can after you ride.

Hip flexors (you don't need to hold onto a wall). If you experience knee pain from the pressure concentrate on pushing down with the top of your foot on the stretching leg into the ground.

Groin

Hamstrings I touch my toes. I think these videos were made for people with balance/mobility issues.

Glutes

Quads

Calfs

It is important to stretch after you exercise because it relaxes the muscles and increases circulation. Only stretch before a ride if something is extremely tight. And then only do a light stretch or you could risk straining the muscle when you exert it.

Before you ride (actually first thing in the morning) you should do joint mobility to warm up and prevent injury.

Some of you may think this is overkill- but you've only got one body and spending 10 minutes on recover exercises every day will make it way stronger and healthier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Good advice, imo. Mobility work is golden, esp. as you get older. Also, you can do hip flexor strech w/o going to your knees by using the "karate" stance.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelscott View Post
    Do these six stretches.
    Do them for 30 seconds on each side
    Do them twice
    Do them as soon as you can after you ride

Some of you may think this is overkill- but you've only got one body and spending 10 minutes on recover exercises every day will make it way stronger and healthier.
    Those girls were delicious.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the links. I rode today and did those stretches afterwards.

Thanks again.

Members who have read this thread: 0