Something a little different- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    64

    Something a little different

    So uh yeah... not your normal SS. More like a full suspension, all mountain, 650b, SS. So far, its a lot of fun.


    Last edited by tesxyz; 07-03-2012 at 10:09 AM.

  2. #2
    I ride with tools
    Reputation: Jim Beam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,372
    Wow. Just, um,...... DAFUQ?

    What is that thing?



    Can you stand up and grind without getting, like, 3 inches of bob?

    (acknowledges that a FS SS would be fun)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,232
    Strange looking bike. I would love to see vid of that rear end on the trail. I bet its a blast.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    64
    Its a custom frame. Lockout on the fork and pro pedal on the shock make climbing manageable. 160mm of travel makes every thing on the down side very nice.

    I guess I the suspension design could be called a combo of URT and a virtual pivot. Like I said a little different.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    553
    There is so much funky oozing from that bike that I am starting to feel greasy...

    Love it all the same.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    536
    Interesting but I'm not sure if I'd wanna try it on the stuff I would take any other 6" bike on.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by fryed_1 View Post
    Interesting but I'm not sure if I'd wanna try it on the stuff I would take any other 6" bike on.
    Yeah, its a quiver bike. My workhorse is a Nomad v1. I just can't get my self on hard tails anymore. I will say it climbs a lot nicer than my M9

  8. #8
    Beer Me!
    Reputation: Guerdonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by tesxyz View Post
    Its a custom frame. Lockout on the fork and pro pedal on the shock make climbing manageable. 160mm of travel makes every thing on the down side very nice.

    I guess I the suspension design could be called a combo of URT and a virtual pivot. Like I said a little different.
    Can you elaborate on "manageable"?

    Any chance of a video upload of the suspension in use? Would like to see that for sure.

    Who came up with the idea? Very neat.
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Can you elaborate on "manageable"?

    Any chance of a video upload of the suspension in use? Would like to see that for sure.

    Who came up with the idea? Very neat.

    I will see if I can get someone to film the bike from the side with the rear suspension in action.

    The design concept is Richard Sheperd's of RAM bikes.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boostin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    931
    wow

    far out. I want to swing my leg over one

  11. #11
    conjoinicorned
    Reputation: ferday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,525
    I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

  12. #12
    Teen Wolf
    Reputation: cr45h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    891
    no offense, don't want to swing my leg over it. maybe push it over

  13. #13
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    Awesomeness!!!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cr45h View Post
    no offense, don't want to swing my leg over it. maybe push it over
    Nice contradiction you've got there

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.