Some serious ti bling! - Eriksen stoke...- Mtbr.com

Some serious ti bling! - Eriksen stoke...

A friend just built up an amazing ride....

See more here...

Single-Speed Gangsta
    saweet!

'Calm Down'
    From the link:
    "Slider dropouts. Kent is the first to use the “Breezer style” sliders aside from Moots. This was the first time he did these since at Moots. Don’t they look cool!"

They might want to do some fact checking. The dropouts are made by Paragon Machine Works not Moots. And there have been many builders using these for quite some time (ie BlackSheep, Quiring, etc). I do believe Moots was the first to use the hooded style, but many Ti builders started using them shortly there after.

And yes, the frame does look very cool.

jw

Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    A friend just built up an amazing ride....

See more here...
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

I am pretty sure they were meaning that it is the first time they were used on an Eriksen...it just reads wrong. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne
    From the link:
    "Slider dropouts. Kent is the first to use the “Breezer style” sliders aside from Moots. This was the first time he did these since at Moots. Don’t they look cool!"

They might want to do some fact checking. The dropouts are made by Paragon Machine Works not Moots. And there have been many builders using these for quite some time (ie BlackSheep, Quiring, etc). I do believe Moots was the first to use the hooded style, but many Ti builders started using them shortly there after.

And yes, the frame does look very cool.

jw

mtbr member
    My bad, (my frame). Paragon actually made that style for Moots. And this was Kents first time doing them since at Moots. They're available to anyone. I was typing that late.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Treybiker
    My bad, (my frame). Paragon actually made that style for Moots. And this was Kents first time doing them since at Moots. They're available to anyone. I was typing that late.
    No apology necessary; I think most of us understood exactly what you were saying.

I do like that downtube. post pics when the build is dialled in. frame weight? TT?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    No apology necessary; I think most of us understood exactly what you were saying.

I do like that downtube. post pics when the build is dialled in. frame weight? TT?
    I weighed the frame (only because I had a gram scale behind my desk at the time). 3.6 lbs, and it has a 24.1 inch TT.

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Treybiker
    I weighed the frame (only because I had a gram scale behind my desk at the time). 3.6 lbs, and it has a 24.1 inch TT.
    That is a super nice frame. What's the story on the ultra large DT? Are you heavy, or a monster, or have a fear of bb flex?
    I have a fear of bb flex, so was most curious to see your frame pics.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sorry Boys...Kent made my slider bike LAST YEAR. Kent wanted to build me a EBB but I am a slider fan. I post some pics later. Tiny bike..I am only 5'5''.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrack
    Sorry Boys...Kent made my slider bike LAST YEAR. Kent wanted to build me a EBB but I am a slider fan. I post some pics later. Tiny bike..I am only 5'5''.
    It must have some unintentional bad info. They held onto my frame an extra day before shipping it out so get some studio shots of the dropouts and down tube for the new website, (of which somebody said this was their first shot at doing the sliders), but they are so busy over there, I'm sure the person that told me wasn't there when they did yours. No big.

And yeah, Kent was getting a little pushy on the EBB thing. He even was trying to pressure me into a 29'er, but I like the 26ers better. I have nothing against the EBB's other than I don't like jacking with my seating position. I love the EBB goobers that say, "you only loosen one bolt vs. 4 on the Sliders". I guess they don't count the time it takes or the bolts you loosen to RE-ADJUST the saddle.

But what a guy to work with. I knew exactly what I wanted this bike to do, and knew what it needed in order to do so, but not without design conflicts. Kent threw some suggestions at me and it all came together. Could not have turned out better.

And post those pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    That is a super nice frame. What's the story on the ultra large DT? Are you heavy, or a monster, or have a fear of bb flex?
    I have a fear of bb flex, so was most curious to see your frame pics.
    I'm 6'1" and a little over 200lbs, (and slowly loosing), and I wanted a single speed that was build for mashing up steep technical climbs. Besides, I just couldn't resist seeing what a 2 inch Ti downtube looked and rode like. Though out of shape, I couldn't help but smirk everytime I stood up to mash yesterday on its maiden voyage. It felt like there was a more crisp precise output on each pedal stroke compared to my other singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have been much happier with my Slider Eriksen than any other EBB I have had on Ti. I just can not keep an EBB slient in my southeastern conditions. Kent really believes in EBBs, I just haven't had the same luck. I think he had to make some new jig tooling when he made mine/ #168. That new 2 inch tube is sick. I wish I would have have speced a larger tube on mine. My singlespeed Eriksen has a 1.55 DT. I also have a geared Eriksen with a 1.7 DT. I do like the apperance of that big tube. Keep us posted on the front end stiffness of that baby. Me likely.

Members who have read this thread: 0