Some pics of new bike- Mtbr.com
    Peace & Love

Some pics of new bike

while I wait to figure out how to sort out the munched/bent chainring, thanks to friggin UPS, I figured I would take some pics for what it is worth.

By the way, shouts go out to Larry for putting this together for me with such care....and Brent for turning me on to PW and in particular, for hooking me up with one of the 18 pairs of blue PW disc hubs!

* frame = Large Phil Wood SS w/ EBB
    * wheelset =Blue Phil disc hubs/QR, DT Swiss XR4.1d rims, Wheelsmith silver spokes, brass nipples, with DT Swiss tubeless conversion kit
    * cranks = 180mm ENO
    * bottom bracket = Phil Wood
    * fork = Fox F80X
    * Brakes = Hope M2 with 2-piece rotors
    * freewheel = ENO
    * chain = Wipperman 152
    * saddle = WTB Laser V Stealth
    * seatpost = Thomson Silver
    * stem = Thomson Silver
    * grips = ODI-lock Rogue w/ blue clamps
    * headset = King blue
    * seatpost clamp = Silver Salsa
    * skewers = Silver Hope
    * Dangerboy Hope compatible Blue brake levers
    * Dangerboy Bue bar end clamps
    * bars = Azonic Double Wall Riser w/ 2" rise - Polished
    * tires = 2.25 Big Jim UST front / 2.1 Jim LIght UST rear
    * Hope brake hose guide silver
    * Hope silver bore caps
    * pedals = Shimano 959
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 06-13-2005 at 11:00 PM.

No Justice = No Peace

Holy ****

that thing is beautiful....
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

Peace & Love

some more misc. pics...

more pics...

Peace & Love

last pics to bore you with...

cheers all....

mtbr member
    Wow, what a dream bike...

Hey, I notice you have the brakes listed as M2's. Are they any different than the mono minis?
    This is not Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. -Walter Sobchak

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAllen
    Wow, what a dream bike...

Hey, I notice you have the brakes listed as M2's. Are they any different than the mono minis?
    great question...to be honest I am not sure. Could it be that in 2005 they just call them M2s? Or perhaps the Hope Minis, if still named as such, come with the standard rotors and not the 2-piece. I do not know to be honest.

mtbr member
    Damn Fo, that is a sweet bike (I guess we're even now : my SS is one of those True Temper Anxiety Phobia frames from Universal Cycles built up w/spare parts).
    Chimay: nectar of the gods
    Macallan: sweet ambrosia

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by lushmd
    Damn Fo, that is a sweet bike (I guess we're even now : my SS is one of those True Temper Anxiety Phobia frames from Universal Cycles built up w/spare parts).
    you are smarter than I......fortunately, this is a sport where I am allowed to spend money on stuff (ie, bikes) that are far beyond my ability and frankly, it is just so fun to build up dream bikes that I cannot control myself . Having said that, I truly believe I am "done" with new bikes for a long time. I went through my freeride bike phase......lightweight ultra bling XC racer bike.....and now converged to my true passion - single speeding. Between this bike and my never-to-be-sold Ventana FS bike, I feel truly content. I am anxious to take it out over Father's day weekend and should be able to...so long as I can reconcile the UPS munched chainring. Thanks UPS!!!!

cheers
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 06-13-2005 at 11:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    ..Having said that, I truly believe I am "done" with new bike for a long time.
    Sure. That's what I always say too..

I'm sure a set of Goodridge stainless brake lines with red and blue anodized fittings have crossed your mind....

Also, if you are interested in REALLY going over the top, I'm told Hope can/will anodize the piston bore cap on the caliper AND the master cylinder reservoir cap any color you wish.

Man. It never ends.
    Last edited by GGAllen; 06-14-2005 at 06:34 PM.
    This is not Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. -Walter Sobchak

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAllen
    Sure. That's what I always say too..

I'm sure a set of Goodridge stainless brake lines with red and blue anodized fittings have crossed your mind....

Also, if you are interested in REALLY going over the top, I'm told Hope can/will anodize the piston cover cap any color you wish.

Man. It never ends.
    Wow! You know me too well!! I was actually annoyed riding home today that I did not go with the Goodridge lines........The only reason I did not go with colored brake reservoir caps (which I did consider by the way) is that I was worried that there would be too many different hues of blue already. As it is, there is Phil Wood blue frame, Phil Wood blue hubs (a different blue as you can see), King blue for headset, ODI-lock on clamp blue, and Dangerboy lever and bar-end plug blue. Hope would have been yet a different blue so I stayed with black reservoir caps. This it the same reason i went with silver Hope brake bore caps (instead of stock gold) and Hope silver brake hose guide.

Worst part is....I am already starting to think about whether or not to really sell the Surly fully rigid....and if I did, what would I use that money towards!!!!

Boy, I am pathetic!!!!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by lushmd
    I don't know bro....your freakin HH125 is going to give me (and Bikezilla) a run for our money!!!

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Hey Fo...

Sweet bike! That is just plain awesome! I bet it rides like a dream(besides the bent chainring...).

Let us know how you like the Hope brakes. Especially compared to the Magura Martas you loved so much

I believe the M2's are the Mono minis I'm guessing the 'M' stands for Mono, and the 2 is for the two pistons in the brakes. That my guess.

Oh ye... how many times a day do you change your avatar!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nice avatar, FoShizzle. I'll have to look at the photos of the bike later

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Damn bro, SWEEEEEEEET ride! ya done well.
    Jim S.

Sofa King We Todd Did
    I'll bet that bike rides every bit as sweet as it looks. Well done, mate.

Jed Peters
    that thing is tits...if that's the look you're after, you definately achieved it!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Hey Fo...

Sweet bike! That is just plain awesome! I bet it rides like a dream(besides the bent chainring...).

Let us know how you like the Hope brakes. Especially compared to the Magura Martas you loved so much

I believe the M2's are the Mono minis I'm guessing the 'M' stands for Mono, and the 2 is for the two pistons in the brakes. That my guess.

Oh ye... how many times a day do you change your avatar!
    yeah I know....I change avatars as much as bikes now

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

[email protected]!!!

Nice ride Fo' Sheezie! Sharp, very sharp...

- On a sad note : Now you know what Brown can do for you!
    - Sounds like you're getting taken care of though and that kicks @ss!!!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT
    Nice ride Fo' Sheezie! Sharp, very sharp...

- On a sad note : Now you know what Brown can do for you!
    - Sounds like you're getting taken care of though and that kicks @ss!!!
    yeah...I should have asked for Fed-Ex. UPS screwed my Bullit up when I shipped it to somebody that bought it....broke part of the disc tab right off.

Larry is great and as usual, does everything he can to take care of his peeps.

cheers

wannabee
    Avitar sho sizzle. Sweet looking bike.

Waiting to exhale.
    OMG! Just plain bad aSS! Between your bike, your avatars and the UPS girl, I got blue balls bad. I can't walk.

there isn't a single component on that bike that does not make me drool.
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    OMG! Just plain bad aSS! Between your bike, your avatars and the UPS girl, I got blue balls bad. I can't walk.

there isn't a single component on that bike that does not make me drool.
    thanks Bro......are you getting closer to pulling the trigger?

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunadad
    Damn bro, SWEEEEEEEET ride! ya done well.
    Jim S.
    Hey Jim.....my prediction after talking to you last night is that you are on the verge of selling the big V to get a blinglespeed

Waiting to exhale.
    thanks Bro......are you getting closer to pulling the trigger?
    Ha! My life is like a sitcom. If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all!
    True story: I'M ON THE WAY TO THE BIKE SHOP. Its a hot 108* degree day. I was going to have them size me up for my dream ti SS bike from I.F. My cars thermostat falls to zero and I hear a strange pop. Going up a mild grade my car looses lots of power, next thing you know I am on the side of the road in the middle of the desert with a busted car. Long story short, I managed to crack BOTH heads, fry the thermostat and vaporize probably every piston ring, head gasket etc. I still owe lots on the car, so I decide to get the engine fixed, 2 grand and almost a month later, I find out that the shop owner took the money and bought drugs with it and was arrested for drug trafficking! LOL. So thats where I am. Life sucks sometimes. So it looks like my dream will have to wait.
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Brutal!!!
    - I'd be lookin' into re-po'ing some of that guy's tools if'n he didn't sell em' for drugzzz!

Keep your chin up Smoke, karma comes back around....

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY
    Ha! My life is like a sitcom. If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all!
    True story: I'M ON THE WAY TO THE BIKE SHOP. Its a hot 108* degree day. I was going to have them size me up for my dream ti SS bike from I.F. My cars thermostat falls to zero and I hear a strange pop. Going up a mild grade my car looses lots of power, next thing you know I am on the side of the road in the middle of the desert with a busted car. Long story short, I managed to crack BOTH heads, fry the thermostat and vaporize probably every piston ring, head gasket etc. I still owe lots on the car, so I decide to get the engine fixed, 2 grand and almost a month later, I find out that the shop owner took the money and bought drugs with it and was arrested for drug trafficking! LOL. So thats where I am. Life sucks sometimes. So it looks like my dream will have to wait.
    wow....I am so sorry to hear that. Life may not be fair, but that is beyond unfair.

mtbr member

sweet, sweet build

wow, congrats - she's a beaut
    Last edited by disco; 06-15-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by disco
    wow, congrats - she's a beaut
    thanks for the kind words.....probably taking her on a 34 mile maiden voyage on Saturday....will post follow-up ride review

mtbr member
    thanks for the kind words.....probably taking her on a 34 mile maiden voyage on Saturday....will post follow-up ride review
    hope you get that chainring sorted out

Out spokin'

Oy!

cheers all....
    Wutta freakin' BIKE!

What big style you gots, Fo. I even dig yer brown shoes.

Wantcha ta know I'm sinking an extra $4000 into my 401(k) in your honor this month. Really, I am.

Thanks for all the inspiration.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Peace & Love
    yes sir....should be waiting at my doorstep when I get home, along with the tool to remove the old one. all i need now is to pick up some anti-seize on the way home for it.

cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hey Jim.....my prediction after talking to you last night is that you are on the verge of selling the big V to get a blinglespeed

Yo, Yo , Yo, yea my head hurts sometimes thinkin about it .
    Jim S.

mtbr member
    Awesome build, man. Truly beautiful!

BTW, in the second pic, it looks like you might have a kink in the chain, right at the top of the chainring. May want to check for tight links.

BTW2, I remember a post where you were asking for a 'ring solution near LA/Ventura counties. Where you at? I'm in Simi Valley.

Jim

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamusCA
    Awesome build, man. Truly beautiful!

BTW, in the second pic, it looks like you might have a kink in the chain, right at the top of the chainring. May want to check for tight links.

BTW2, I remember a post where you were asking for a 'ring solution near LA/Ventura counties. Where you at? I'm in Simi Valley.

Jim
    Hey Jim...thanks.

Yes....it was actually more than a kink in the chain, it was a bent chainring thanks to UPS doing another crappy job....did not really notice till right after that pic.....fortunately it was just the chainring. Got the new one yesterday and put it on.

BTW, I am in Camarillo so we are pretty much neighbors!

I am not even 1/4 the rider that my bikes suggest but I would love to ride if you want....

cheers

mtbr member
    Hey Jim...thanks.

Yes....it was actually more than a kink in the chain, it was a bent chainring thanks to UPS doing another crappy job....did not really notice till right after that pic.....fortunately it was just the chainring. Got the new one yesterday and put it on.
    Ahh, got it. Should have realized.

I am not even 1/4 the rider that my bikes suggest but I would love to ride if you want....

cheers
    I'm old and slow, so we could have fun seeing who's dragging who...

Where do you usually ride? A lot of my recent riding has been on road and on bike paths with my wife. I have ridden most of the trails around Agoura/WLK/Simi at one time or another.

That's gonna leave a mark
    Hey Jim...thanks.

cheers
    Sweeet bike, Fo. Truly a work of art. Can't wait to hear the ride report.

BTW, I live right between you and SeamusCA in T.O. If you don't mind a tag along, I'd like to join you guys when you hit the trail. I don't see many other SS riders when I'm out.
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    Sweeet bike, Fo. Truly a work of art. Can't wait to hear the ride report.

BTW, I live right between you and SeamusCA in T.O. If you don't mind a tag along, I'd like to join you guys when you hit the trail. I don't see many other SS riders when I'm out.
    that would be great! after this weekend, I should be pretty free to ride....I usually go out once on the weekend and perhaps before or after work when I can....just let me know. cheers

Bikes not Bombs.....

Sweet ride Mr. Shizzle....

Looks like all the right stuff got hung. I know Larry and Brent offer super service which makes getting a new ride so much fun.

Give us a report when you can.... that is one fine looking mo-chine.

JS
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -

mtbr member
    May 2004
    is this a 20 inch bike or do they make these in 24 and 26 too?
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely.
    -- Ludwig van Beethoven, letter to F G Wegeler, 1801

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by medicine lonewolf
    is this a 20 inch bike or do they make these in 24 and 26 too?
    http://www.philwood.com/05ss.pdf

the frame size is actually an 18.5.

do you really need a seat tube size of 24"? Wow, you must be extremely tall and will definitely need fully custom and in fact, a 29er would be much more appropriate I think.

cheers
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 06-22-2005 at 06:22 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i see 20 in wheel bmx bikes
    so this bikes has 26 inch wheels? ive never seen one
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely.
    -- Ludwig van Beethoven, letter to F G Wegeler, 1801

mtbr member

did you ride it yet?

Fo Shizz, did you ride this beast yet or what???

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by disco
    Fo Shizz, did you ride this beast yet or what???
    yes Sir! here was my attempt at a report

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=108732

I am going to ride it again tonight with SeamusCA and Upchuck and be humbled yet again! well, at least I will look good getting my arse kicked