SoCal SS'ers. Git your race on.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... SoCal SS'ers. Git your race on.

Rode the first Rim-Nordic race of the season today, which also happened to be the third race in the SoCal SingleSpeed championships series. Other than wishing we could have done the expert distance (even though that third lap would've *hurt*), I've nothing but good to say about this race. $35/entry fee, cheap t-shirts ($10) and if you raced singlespeed the SoCal Singlespeed guys hooked all the SS'ers up with free lunch, a t-shirt, and, for the winners a 12 pack of PBR, a SoCal SS championships hat, and an itty bity bottle of Jagermeister. Plus a cool retro-80's style trophy, repurposed for the SS series from the Milkman's stash of BMX trophies.. Now I'm not a big fan of Jager or PBR, but the sentiment rules, and the Rim Nordic people and SoCal SS guys are going all out for the SS'ers. Missed the first two at Fontana, but I think I'll be back for the rest of this series.

Hope to see some of you out at the next one.

On more thing, the SS class was the largest class out of all of the sport classes. No sport/expert SS here. Just all one class racing the sport distance. Not sure how NORBA handles that if you're registered expert, but since when have SS'ers cared what NORBA thinks?

-Trevor

mtbr member

Good job! Wished I had been there....

Bev at Rim Nordic puts on THE BEST RACES IN SO CAL! These people are the best around! I only wished I had been able to make it. I'm planning to be there for the next one.

I pre-rode the area a few weeks ago and realized I need to gear down if I plan to race it. With all of those short/steep climbs I knew I'd blow a vein in my neck sometime if I didn't.

Jim
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.