So, I can't believe no one has posted this...- Mtbr.com
    hispanic mechanic

So, I can't believe no one has posted this...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any mention of this. Here's from Rider X's blog section of Single Speed Outlaw- Mike Ferrentino is the new Editor-in-Chief at Bike magazine.
    For any of you unwashed heathens who don't already know, Mike is a long-time singlespeeder, the promoter of SSWC in NorCal, and one hell of a great writer.
    For the record, it's his writing that got me on a one speed in the first place.

the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Mike Ferrentino rocks, it was like seeing the Pope when I saw him @ a CX race 4 years ago - only better, and without all the Latin, tears, and such...
    Now with more vitriol!

hispanic mechanic

Boulder SuperCup?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Mike Ferrentino rocks, it was like seeing the Pope when I saw him @ a CX race 4 years ago - only better, and without all the Latin, tears, and such...
    Was that working the IF pits at the Boulder SuperCup? If so, I was the guy in the pits for Dave Weins and the Polosport/RLX team right next to him... Of course, he supplied the beers...

the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos
    Was that working the IF pits at the Boulder SuperCup? If so, I was the guy in the pits for Dave Weins and the Polosport/RLX team right next to him... Of course, he supplied the beers...

the los
    That was the one - it's a small world
    Now with more vitriol!

Medium?

A couple years ago

TimL and I were having pre-season brews in Yuba Expeditions with Gregg, and this guy who was hanging out at the shop with his dog. It turned into quite a few beers since it was quiet in town.

I only found out later that "Mike", the guy there with his dog, was Ferrentino.

I think I may subscribe...

34N 118W

clueless

At one of the several parties in Fruita at this year's FTFest, I was enjoying my intoxicity and hanging with MTBR's Photo-John and some other dude, who was rambling on and on about riding Porcupine Rim whilst under the influence of a certain acidic substance. Funny story, and afterwards I asked PJ who the 'nut' was. Ferrentino.

cool news 'Los.

HW

blame me for missed rides
    hmmmm maybe it's time to get a subscription to Bike. i always liked their photos, but then a bookstore thumb-through was all i needed to take in the photos.

hispanic mechanic

Gotta give the go-ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by weather
    hmmmm maybe it's time to get a subscription to Bike. i always liked their photos, but then a bookstore thumb-through was all i needed to take in the photos.
    Ferrentino's writing, along with the great photos, are the only things that have kept me reading Bike. Now, there's sure to be more of his words, at least!
    And I'll bet they're going to be a bit less FR/DH focused, and more ride/story focused.

the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

paintbucket
    Damn. You guys need to start hanging out at the bikemag forums some. We're already laying out the new mag over there.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    At Sea Otter I asked Mike if he was going to named editor.

He claimed there was no chance in hell that would happen!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0