So Cal mini SS gathering....- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    So Cal mini SS gathering....

    .....ESSQ and I were discussing the possibility of a SoCal SingleSpeed mini gathering....either May 8th or 9th.....location Santa Ana River Trail in Angeles Oaks, which is one hour from the heart of orange county. The ride would be basically all singletrack, very few hard climbs, with several options as far as length goes....basically as short or as long as we want to make it...

    Soooo, who would be interested in getting together for a little SS fun? Let's see a show of hands.....

    Oh, gears are welcome as well!
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  2. #2
    WAWE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,428
    Don't forget Sunday May 9th is Mother's Day.

  3. #3
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    Ah Crap!

    I'm an Idiot....mothers day is the 9th!

    I guess it would have to be the 8th then....

    Show of hands for the 8th......
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  4. #4
    Bikes not Bombs.....
    Reputation: SS Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    508

    Ooooohhhh.... so close.....

    I will be at the Path Bike shop tomorrow picking up my wife's bike. I will also be down there late in May. Maybe meet a few of you then.

    JS
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    24
    May 9th works for me to attend, hope this goes off the SART is a great trail, tons of fun.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    I'm an Idiot....mothers day is the 9th!

    I guess it would have to be the 8th then....

    Show of hands for the 8th......
    Let's all give Mom's the morning off and let them sleep in!!
    Unfortunately i am out for the 8th have a great time if aturday works out!

  7. #7
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    New question here.

    given mother's day maybe we should have a show of hands for either the 8th or the weekend after bikes & beers, may 24/25. i'm fine for either; would prefer the 8th.

  8. #8
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,814
    I'm out for the 8th. I"ll be "totally DH-ing" in Big Bear that day.
    Perhaps 1x1girl will show up in my stead? Oh wait, she's racing the next day.
    I'm putting my hand down now.

  9. #9
    Mashers Only!!
    Reputation: HUGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Man that would be sweet!!! But I'm going to the river. Yes I'm taking my mom!!!

    HUGH

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrevorInSoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    230

    Sweet.

    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    .....ESSQ and I were discussing the possibility of a SoCal SingleSpeed mini gathering....either May 8th or 9th.....location Santa Ana River Trail in Angeles Oaks, which is one hour from the heart of orange county. The ride would be basically all singletrack, very few hard climbs, with several options as far as length goes....basically as short or as long as we want to make it...

    Soooo, who would be interested in getting together for a little SS fun? Let's see a show of hands.....

    Oh, gears are welcome as well!
    That's right in my back yard (Live down the hill in Redlands.). Which loop(s) ya planning on doing? I've done a couple long ones (4 - 5 hrs.) there the last few weekends.

    Don't think I had anything going on that weekend, I'm game for either day.

    -Trevor

  11. #11
    You Are What You Is
    Reputation: P-Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    I'd love to join you, but it'd have to be the latter of the two weekends. Mother's Day weekend is booked for me.

  12. #12
    Cracker-magnon
    Reputation: gpsser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,149
    8th and 9th are out for me, between LittleLeague and Mothers day.

    Man this baseball thing is expensive.
    "Life is a [email protected]#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

  13. #13
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    we should do it the 24/25 then

    you, padre, p-funk and hugh might be able make it then.

  14. #14
    Mashers Only!!
    Reputation: HUGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    you, padre, p-funk and hugh might be able make it then.
    What month are you talking??

    HUGH

  15. #15
    You Are What You Is
    Reputation: P-Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    What month are you talking??

    HUGH
    I think eSSq means the weekend of May 22/23.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TrevorInSoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    230

    It's always something...

    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    I think eSSq means the weekend of May 22/23.
    That's the weekend of NORBA Natl's in Big Bear.

    -Trevor

  17. #17
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    Okay, I'm back....

    ....Who would be able to make it on the weekend of the 22nd-23rd?

    On a related note, I rode the SART this weekend....prime condition....great weather, not too many people, good long miles, etc....

    We gotta get this thing going!
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  18. #18
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,516

    Hhmmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    ....Who would be able to make it on the weekend of the 22nd-23rd?

    On a related note, I rode the SART this weekend....prime condition....great weather, not too many people, good long miles, etc....

    We gotta get this thing going!
    I think that'll give me some time to prepare. Sundays should present no problems, but I'd have to plan ahead for a Saturday.
    I'd really like to finally put a face to some of the names around here!

    the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

    dongerparty.com

  19. #19
    Not a regular
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,079

    May 22-23 at Big Bear

    Just do it up at Big Bear during the ss race. That's where I'll be. I'd like to ride w/ some other socal folks.

  20. #20
    I speak for the trees
    Reputation: lorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    42
    May 22-23 is the only one that works for me and I'd like to be able to make it. Hopefully, it will be a little cooler than it is now.

  21. #21
    You Are What You Is
    Reputation: P-Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    I will try everything in my power to make it. But with two kids, a wife, overtime at work. You know, the usual excuses. It sounds like a perfect SS epic, though. My problem is that I've got too many rides planned for May. The Tour for the Cure fundraiser ride for Diabetes on the 15th, and my regular riding group was talking about doing the Cannell Plunge on Memorial Day weekend. Hmmm... which to do, Cannell or SART?

  22. #22
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    Oh, that's easy....

    ......SART:-)

    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    I will try everything in my power to make it. But with two kids, a wife, overtime at work. You know, the usual excuses. It sounds like a perfect SS epic, though. My problem is that I've got too many rides planned for May. The Tour for the Cure fundraiser ride for Diabetes on the 15th, and my regular riding group was talking about doing the Cannell Plunge on Memorial Day weekend. Hmmm... which to do, Cannell or SART?
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  23. #23
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Reputation: eSSq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    522

    Good job! ok, new thread then.

    move the ride to the weekend of the 22nd/23rd? show of hands and whatnot?

  24. #24
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,247

    Alright....new thread started..

    New thread started.....May 23rd is the dealio.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Similar Threads

  1. SW Michigan Mini Gathering this weekend
    By LakeRaven in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
  2. Auburn CA Mini Gathering 4/23-4/25
    By bigboulder in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
  3. Auburn Mini Gathering Date Change
    By bigboulder in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Auburn Mini Gathering Date Change
    By bigboulder in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
  5. Michigan SS gathering
    By 1x1_Speed_Craig in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 06:32 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.