(sniff) time to contact titus.- Mtbr.com
    ali'i hua

Bonking ... not feelin' well (sniff) time to contact titus.

bad discovery:

took out the riddler this morning for a little tlc, and noticed that the rear wheel felt loose when i pedaled. no worries, just a loose funbolt or two, or so thought.

the frame is cracked where the interchangable dropouts meet the frame....on the non drive side. ugh.

it sure as heck isnt my riding style- not a hugh-level masher, I dont huck, i ride in socal, and the bike's only been raced once, at sea otter a few years ago.

so, email sent to titus with pics attached. damn im gonna miss that bike. especially because of the history we've had and because joe breeze's autograph is on it.

edit: another bad thing- had to ride the geared bike instead. damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Out spokin'
    Bummer. At least you've got a spare bike to ride, eh. Let's hear how it goes with Titus.

Meanwhile, best of luck on all fronts. Looks like you've got sunshine back down there. Hey, don't forget Barbie Camp happens April 1-3 and October 28-30 this year. Bring yer new Titus?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    There is a couple of threads on the Titus boards about Riddlers cracking. They no longer make Ridlers but will give you a deal on a TI HCR.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=70845
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=60668

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Bummer. At least you've got a spare bike to ride, eh. Let's hear how it goes with Titus.

Meanwhile, best of luck on all fronts. Looks like you've got sunshine back down there. Hey, don't forget Barbie Camp happens April 1-3 and October 28-30 this year. Bring yer new Titus?

--Sparty
    spring is not too much a possibility, but fall is still in!
    hope to have the new titus by then.

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by movingmountain
    There is a couple of threads on the Titus boards about Riddlers cracking. They no longer make Ridlers but will give you a deal on a TI HCR.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=70845
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=60668
    thanks for the info. knew about the limited production of the riddler, and that's one thing that makes me sad-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    bad discovery:

took out the riddler this morning for a little tlc, and noticed that the rear wheel felt loose when i pedaled. no worries, just a loose funbolt or two, or so thought.

the frame is cracked where the interchangable dropouts meet the frame....on the non drive side. ugh.

it sure as heck isnt my riding style- not a hugh-level masher, I dont huck, i ride in socal, and the bike's only been raced once, at sea otter a few years ago.

so, email sent to titus with pics attached. damn im gonna miss that bike. especially because of the history we've had and because joe breeze's autograph is on it.

edit: another bad thing- had to ride the geared bike instead. damn.

Kinda ironic you have a Joe Breeze sig on your broken Aluminium frame, but hey, why not cut that bit of tubing out and wear it on a chain around your neck!

Bling bling!

Not suprised the Riddlers break there. That's a pretty bad design, and suprising because Titus' are usually well designed. Cool that they'll give you a deal on a new frame though.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine
    Kinda ironic you have a Joe Breeze sig on your broken Aluminium frame, but hey, why not cut that bit of tubing out and wear it on a chain around your neck!

Bling bling!

Not suprised the Riddlers break there. That's a pretty bad design, and suprising because Titus' are usually well designed. Cool that they'll give you a deal on a new frame though.
    true, it is a little odd, joe being a steel guy, i believe. if I dont get the frame back from titus, that's what im going to ask for- that chunk of tubing. a sentimental reminder of my frame.

full details on what im going to do when titus gets back to me...within 24 hours.