Sliding rear drops--all created equal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sliding rear drops--all created equal?

I've been wondering, are all sliding rear drops created equal? Are some better than others? Use as criteria workmanship, design/function, and minimal problems or complications (e.g.slipping).

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Kona and Voodoo=Affordable but funtional. Paragon Machine Works=expensive but friggin sweet!
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

giddyup!

Inbreds are Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jennytalia
    I've been wondering, are all sliding rear drops created equal? Are some better than others? Use as criteria workmanship, design/function, and minimal problems or complications (e.g.slipping).
    The On One Inbred sliding drops are nice - the stop screw/tensioner makes it easier to get the dropouts the same distance from the bottom bracket with no worries about them sliding under tension.

That being said, the steel ones with the derailleur hanger are *heavy* (thank goodness they're a small part!). I hope to order the aluminum SS set as soon as they are stateside.

Eric
    What do you want to get enlightened for? You may not like it. -Shunryu Suzuki

on my 3rd wind...
    Voodoo Wanga One frame also has a built in screw tensioner for their sliding rear drop out.

Looks like '07 Kona frame with sliding drop out will also have screw tensioner.

Members who have read this thread: 0