Sliding dropouts dimensions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sliding dropouts dimensions

I am looking for specific dimensions of various sliding dropouts. Can anyone spare a minute to remove theirs from their frame, take a detailed photo, and measure the dimensions? I'd like to see how interchangeable various sliders are.

Here are the sliders that came with my Jabberwocky. They are not a Paragon Machine Works product, by the way.

Sliding dropouts dimensions-20180922_153218.jpg

I would be curious to see how Carver, Kona, PMW, etc would match up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I can photo my IRD inserts. I was able to use the PMW inserts in my IRD dropouts.
    PMW was nice enough to send me a drawing with the dimensions of there inserts so I could measure and see if they would fit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My kona sliders measure 42mm at the widest and the OD of the bolt holes is 12mm. Measured with calipers.

mtbr member
    I found drawings of PMW sliders, but what I wanted to know is if the horizontal distance between the axle and the fore-position mounting bolt is shorter than the sliders that came with my bike. the goal was to see if, assuming PMW sliders will work with my bike, can I use them to effectively shorten my CLS by at least 10 mm.

based on the drawing, I was able to learn that the axle is 22.3 mm below the sliding mounting tab. using that for scale (the printout of that PDF does not come out to scale), the fore mounting hole is about 48 mm, if my calculations are correct. that's the same as my existing dropouts, so PMW sliders are probably not going to make a difference.

mtbr member
    I'll try to measure the dropouts on my Marin Nicasio SS in the next few days. I'm curious about the measurements myself in that the drive side dropout on the bike doesn't have a mech hanger, but it would be great to be able to swap in a PMW or other dropout if it would fit.

mtbr member
    I asked PMW, and the horizontal distance between the axle and the forward-oriented mounting hole is about 42 mm. add the material in front of the hole and you have a maximum of 45 mm. the sliders that came with my frame are effectively the same size.

my interest is a slider that fits my frame and is more like 35 mm in that direction. I could probably modify mine to that end but I need to find a friend who has the equipment to do that right.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Here are my PMW sliders dimensions.
    **Edit, measured from the front of the slider material to the axle and the center of the axle and have the 48mm distance as well. Still hunting for the Kobe dropout from my spot. When I had the spot, I did try to fit these PMW dropouts in, one of them fit, but the other one wouldn't work, if I recall it was the disc brake side that wouldn't work due to the extra material of the disc mount not recessing into the spot system.

Sliding dropouts dimensions-002.jpgSliding dropouts dimensions-001.jpg
    Last edited by Jason Rides Bikes; 09-26-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot a dimension
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo