sliding drop-outs on SS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

sliding drop-outs on SS

I have an SS frame with horizontal drop-outs. Are there some after market sliding drop-outs that I can buy to fit my frame? Or will it change the position of the wheel too much to make everything fit?

Samsonite Tester
    You have track-ends not drop-out is that right? If so mabybe the Surly axle-tug is what you are looking for.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I guess I'm not familiar with the term track-ends. The drop-outs are horizontal and there is an opening at the back. I do have some tug-nuts that came on a Bianchi SASS frame. I no longer have that frame but the drop-outs are the same. I was hoping that I could install drop-outs similar to what Kona and On-On use in their design. Is that possible here?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Uh......

Is there a reason You need to do this?

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    Those are called track ends although it's a dropout design that is seen on a wide range of bikes like BMX, old coaster bikes, and modern mountain bikes.

I don't think you need to change the dropouts and the tugnuts should fit to keep the wheel secure.
    I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuch
    I guess I'm not familiar with the term track-ends. The drop-outs are horizontal and there is an opening at the back. I do have some tug-nuts that came on a Bianchi SASS frame. I no longer have that frame but the drop-outs are the same. I was hoping that I could install drop-outs similar to what Kona and On-On use in their design. Is that possible here?
    Rear entry = track ends. You can't install Paragon-style sliders without taking out your track ends and welding in the replacements, then repainting. I don't think you really want to do that, but it can be done. $$$
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there”---Robert M. Pirsig

Out spokin'

The simple answer

Quote Originally Posted by bbuch
    ... Are there some after market sliding drop-outs that I can buy to fit my frame? ...
    No.

At least not without involving welding.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    thanks for the info.

B

Members who have read this thread: 0