Sizing for Vassago Jabberwocky- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Sizing for Vassago Jabberwocky

I am pretty close to purchasing a Jabberwocky. I am 6' and the Vassago website indicates that the 18" frame will fit me. I would be interested if other my height have purcased the 18" and get feedback on its fit. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I don't have one, but my advice is to compare the effective top tube lengths available on the Jabberwocky with your current bike, and (as long as your current bike is actually comfortable) get the closest one. No other measurement makes as big a difference as the ETT. Standover shouln't be a problem with any of the sizes unless you have very short legs. Bike sizes are a personal thing because everyone is shaped different. That's why your current bike is the best reference point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm 6'1" and the new owner of 18" jabber. Fit feels pretty good to me. Did have a sore lower back after a race on the weekend, but i'm putting this down to it being my first outing on a rigid bike. Frame length is not much different between 18" & 20" anyway, only 8mm (ETT).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I am about 6'1" and have a 20 inch bandersnatch that I am selling. It fits, but it just "rides" large. Short stem, and a slammed forward seat. After I sell the 20, I am replacing it with an 18.

Go with the 18, believe in their sizing.

j.

stick
    I am 6', with about a 32-33 inseam, and my 18" fits great.

mtbr member
    I am 6'2" and ride the 20... but was really close to the 18 (I have long legs and a short torso...) The 18 should fit fine!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm 6' 33 3/4" inseam. I ride the 18", 20 is possible, but not optimal. Ive put some considerable miles in on a 20" frame, but it's just too long. You'll end up using a 75-90 mm stem, which is no bueno.

mtbr member
    i am 6'2" and ride a 20". its probably a hair too big, but i got a good deal on a used frame. i also run a shorer stem. i will probably eventually replace with a 18".

Welcome to the Gem...
    6-4 and i ride a 20. i'd say i'm the biggest you could go on a 20"

if you're just cruising around... go big, and get the 20. you'll be more comfy. if you're a racer, go smaller and get the 18

cheers
    Ibis Tranny 29

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I appreciate all the feedback -thanks. I ordered a 18" Jabberwocky this afternoon. I look forward to riding it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    I appreciate all the feedback -thanks. I ordered a 18" Jabberwocky this afternoon. I look forward to riding it.
    Perfect...

Same situation as you. I wanted a Jabber, but 18" weren't to be had. Looked at the dims between the 18" and 20" frames. The top tube length between the two is only 3/8," so not a huge deal.

I figured it came down to how much seat post did I want showing and would I be ok on stand over - which was a wee tight at 5'10-1/2".

Bought the 20" until the 18's were available, mostly around town trail riding, nothing hairy. 20" was fine for that, but in the meantime, I ordered an 18" Optimus Ti and an 18" Jabber.

Fit is ever better and I can say I've never swung a leg over finer riding geometry, you will dig it - gauranteed.
    Linux is for those who hate Microsoft, BSD is for those who love UNIX.

Size Does Matter
    You'll want an 18
    Children of ROHHAD:

Haven
    Mason
    Sophia
    Joshua

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dashSC
    dashSC - what size stem do you have on your Jabberwocky? Thanks

stick
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    dashSC - what size stem do you have on your Jabberwocky? Thanks
    I'm actually not 100% sure on that, as it doesn't say, and I got it secondhand. It's a Bontrager Select OS. I'm not sure exactly what I'm measuring either. Along the top, the front of the bars to the back of the fork is ~120mm, the back of the bars to the front of the fork is ~55mm. Along the bottom, front-to-back is ~125mm, and back-to-front is ~60mm.

It looks similar to this, but shorter:

I also have the bars set arguably too high, I set them higher originally to see where I wanted it, and ended up liking it. I'm usually out of the saddle anyways, so I don't know exactly how much that affects my ride overall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dashSC
    same for me...go 18" for sure!
    Still Life Photographer | NYC
    www.nathankraxberger.com

Members who have read this thread: 2