Sizing help- Monocog 29er in 17 or 19 inch?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Sizing help- Monocog 29er in 17 or 19 inch?

Reserved a Monocog 29er - what size should I go with? I am 5' 11" with a 32 inseam. Eff. top tube on 17 is 23.6, 19 has TT of 24.5, which seems huge to me. I also plan to run a fork in the near future, which may make the bike "seem" larger. thanks all.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by icenoir
    Reserved a Monocog 29er - what size should I go with? I am 5' 11" with a 32 inseam. Eff. top tube on 17 is 23.6, 19 has TT of 24.5, which seems huge to me. I also plan to run a fork in the near future, which may make the bike "seem" larger. thanks all.
    Go by TT length.

I suggest you use a fork from the start. You need something to hold the front wheel.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    actually, my plan was to run just the rear wheel for a while. "All you need is one" right?? I mean, unicylce is where its at!!
    uhm. yea.
    Anyway, Redline suggested to my lbs that I get the 19" - Not sold on it yet though.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by icenoir
    actually, my plan was to run just the rear wheel for a while. "All you need is one" right?? I mean, unicylce is where its at!!
    uhm. yea.
    Anyway, Redline suggested to my lbs that I get the 19" - Not sold on it yet though.
    What is the TT on your current bike?

From the spec charts the 29er Monocogs seem to be bigger than the 26" of the same seat tube length. A 19" Mono 26 and a 17" Mono 29er and basically the same size.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0