SISS Owners...HELP!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

SISS Owners...HELP!

Hello Bianchi bretheren. I am new to the SS world and have a question about fork flex on the SISS. I bought the bike used and had to replace the front pads. While trying to break them in, I noticed what I thought was some flex or loading in the front end. It this due to the fork (which I hope it's not), the stock cheap headset (which I will soon replace), or running the low (30-35lbs) pressure in those fat 2.4's? I am used to a suspended bike, so it's all new to me. I will say that this is one fun bike in the limited time that I have had to ride it.

Thanks,
    Jagman

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

headset

Quote Originally Posted by bfjagman
    Hello Bianchi bretheren. I am new to the SS world and have a question about fork flex on the SISS. I bought the bike used and had to replace the front pads. While trying to break them in, I noticed what I thought was some flex or loading in the front end. It this due to the fork (which I hope it's not), the stock cheap headset (which I will soon replace), or running the low (30-35lbs) pressure in those fat 2.4's? I am used to a suspended bike, so it's all new to me. I will say that this is one fun bike in the limited time that I have had to ride it.

Thanks,
    Jagman
    Jagman - I had the same experience with my SISS when it was new - lots o' slop in the stock headset. I replaced it with a King and it's been great ever since. Good luck!

www.justthebonnet.com
    Same with my SISS, get a King and be down with that cheap aheadset. Not sure of your size, but for more boing run your tires at 27 psi (that is I weigh 150) . Feels nice and squishy. My superlights hate my SS cause it gets all the attention.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Headset & Wheel Dish

Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to just suck it up with a crappy headset for a while. Just bought a set of Kreitlers for my frosted side and I'm not sure I could get another $100+ past the house accountant. Maybe I could pay my LBS in installments - $20 a week? BTW, at 27 psi, I'd be riding the rims quick at 215lbs.

I did notice that my front wheel is completely dished to the left. I think the guy who I bought it from must have done his own rim work.

-Jagman